With a premium 6" refractor optical tube assembly and a nice, all-manual German-type equatorial mount, the Celestron Omni XLT 150 R Telescope makes for easy observing right out of the box, with the capacity for shorter or terrestrial imaging without needing any other accessories. You can later add Celestron's optional motor drive and polar axis finder if you wish to perform long-exposure astrophotography.
As a large refractor instead of the more common reflector or catadioptric designs, the XLT 150 R has plenty of aperture to keep you duly entertained as a viewer, along with the optical capacity for serious high-contrast, wide field astrophotography. Refractors can't visually show you the things an 8-14" Schmidt-Cassegrain or reflector can, but they can show you plenty of interest, with wider views and inky-black skies to stun. It is a different experience. The focuser barrel directly accepts SLR cameras with an optional T-mount for your make, and with the optional motor drive and polar axis finder you'll be able to get great results with only a minimum of experience. Refractors are also far superior should you wish to enjoy some terrestrial viewing; just add a 45° erect image diagonal for an amazing, stationary-style spotting scope.
The XLT 150 R arrives with Celestron's classic CG-4 German-type equatorial mount, a simple and understated support which you can easily operate manually with nothing more than a star map and red flashlight. Properly aligned and centered, you can easily trace the movement of your object of interest with just a single control as it moves along the night sky. Everything required for immediate use is included in this package.
- Extra-large 6" aspherical refractor with StarBright XLT multicoatings yields satisfying observing and pinpoint star field images rich in contrast
- Built-in SLR adapter upon focuser (requires a camera-specific T-mount) for brilliant prime focus imaging
- Classic, quality CG-4 manual German-type equatorial mount
- Tube rings directly accept an SLR camera for piggyback, star field imaging
- Finely-geared slow motion control & setting circles for quick reference
- Robust steel tripod
- Includes dew hood for preventing condensation & shielding stray light
- Optionally-available motor drive and polar axis finderscope for long-exposure imaging
- 2" Diameter focuser barrel