The advent of affordable, high-quality DVD recording capability is at your fingertips with Panasonic's Multi-System, Multi-Zone DMR-ES18 DVD-Recorder. It combines superb functionality and versatility, with abilities to record your favorite TV shows or home movies onto DVD-R/W, DVD-R DL, DVD+R/W, DVD+R DL, and DVD-RAM formats. It also offers up to (4) recording modes with the ability to record up to 14 hours in EP mode. It will take your home theater experience to new heights with its progressive scan technology, component video output, and 54MHz/10-bit video DAC processor. In addition, a front-panel DV (IEEE) input terminal makes it easy to record DVDs from your digital camcorder.
Moreover, the DMR-ES18 offers incredible features that will be hard to match. Enjoy the awesome power of Dolby Digital and DTS audio decoding, 96KHz/24-bit audio DAC, and an optical digital audio output for connectivity to your 5.1-channel home theater receiver. It offers 1-second quick-start recording, 2x LP horizontal resolutions (500 lines), and DivX disc playback. With world-wide features, PAL/SECAM tuners, and connectivity to various A/V sources, your entertainment choices are endless with the Panasonic DMR-ES18.
Note! This unit may require a multi-system TV or system converter to view PAL DVDs in the US. This item is imported and it is not supported by a MFR warranty. To support this product B&H Photo provides a 90-day warranty.
- Progressive Scan Technology
- The DMR-ES18 is a progressive scan DVD player, capable of scanning an entire video frame at once; scan-lines commonly associated with interlaced video are drastically reduced. The result is a spectacularly clear image with no motion artifacts (stair-stepping), and details so sharp they seem as if they're etched onto the screen.
- Component Video Output
- With playback specifications that meet the standards of professionals, the DMR-ES18 features a component video output for high-resolution low-distortion video playback.
- DV (IEEE 1394) Input
- Simply connect your digital video camera to the DV input terminal, and you're ready to record images onto a DVD recordable disc.
- Recordable DVD Media
- Record your favorite TV shows or home movies onto DVD-R/W, DVD+R/W, and DVD-RAM discs. The DMR-ES18 is also compatible with DVD-R DL and DVD+R DL media and provides up to 14 hours of media recording.
- Multi-Format Player
- Don't worry about limited playback capabilities, the DMR-ES18 can play DVD-Video, DVD-R/W, DVD-R DL, DVD+R/W, DVD+R DL, and DVD-RAM discs. Also, you can play your favorite songs from CDs or MP3 files, and JPEG images.
- Dolby Digital and DTS Decoders
- This recorder offers built-in Dolby Digital and DTS decoders capable of advanced 24-bit processing and an outstanding sampling frequency of 96KHz. Use the coaxial digital audio output to connect the unit to your home theater receiver and enjoy full Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound entertainment.
- Home Theater Friendly
- Use the optical digital audio output to connect the unit to your home theater receiver and enjoy your favorite (compatible) DVDs or CDs in surround sound.
- DivX Home Theater Certified
- DivX is video compression software which enables high quality video to be compressed into very small files then downloaded onto CD-R or CD-RW and played back with very little loss of quality.
- Quick Start Recording
- Thanks to the high-speed 1-second quick-start function, with DVD-RAM disc, you are ready to record just 1 second after switching on the power. Being able to record almost instantly, means that you will never miss the Monday night kick off!
- PAL/SECAM TV Tuners
- It offers built-in PAL/SECAM television tuners, capable of recording your favorite (PAL or SECAM signal) TV show. This unit is also capable of recording an NTSC signal with the use of a video standards converter.
- Full-Feature Remote Control
- It includes a full-feature remote control capable of executing specific commands on the player; and it's also able to execute every command from any angle up to ±30°.