Gary Fong is a lifelong photographer with a knack for innovative solutions in the lighting realm, but also dabbles with other inventions that solve photographers' problems. The Flip Cage is such a product, and is a great travelling companion for most point and shoot cameras fitting the general "deck of cards" form factor.
The Flip Cage acts as a rollbar, but also allows you to carry your point and shoot around your neck like a regular SLR thanks to its strap eyelets and 3' long included strap.
More importantly, though, the Flip Cage allows both horizontal and vertical compositions with adjustment for your tilt axis just as if you had a tabletop tripod. Weighing less than ¼ lb and adding little mass to your point and shoot, the Flip Cage is a strong candidate to come along for every vacation or evening out with friends.
Flip Cage can also do light duty as a macro shooting stand, thanks to its slot for the camera screw which allows some fore-and-aft distance adjustment with the camera facing the table and the 'roll bars' oriented as if the camera was shooting a normal vertical composition.
- Accommodates any camera with a tripod screw and maximum dimensions of 4.0 x 2.5 x 1.0" (101 x 54 x 26mm) WxHxD
- "Bumpers" protect camera's housing
- Allows horizontal or vertical compositions, each with tilt adjustment
- Doubles as a macro stand by using the vertical orientation and rotating the camera upon the tripod screw to face straight down to the table
- Includes matched 36" neck strap