The Sony ECM-678/9X short shotgun microphone delivers professional audio signal reproduction while remaining camera mountable and cost effective. Designed for use in broadcast, professional video, film, and field audio applications, the ECM-678/9X is at home mounted on a boom pole or Sony HDV Series, DVCAM Series and XDCAM Series cameras.
The super-cardioid polar pattern aides in the microphone's directional response, allowing clear pick up of the target signal while eliminating noise and ambiance at the off-axis sections of the microphone.
The ECM-678/9X features a low-cut filter switch that eliminates noise and low frequency rumble. The microphone requires external +48V phantom power and it's rugged design proves suitable for rigorous use on the road.
- Camera and Boom Pole Mountable
- The ECM-678/9X is mountable on boom poles and Sony HDV Series, DVCAM Series and XDCAM Series cameras.
- Flat and Wide Frequency Response
- It's wide flat frequency response enables accurate, detailed reproduction of a wide range of signal sources.
- High Sensitivity and Low Noise
- The super-cardioid polar pattern is effective in rejecting off-axis noise, resulting in a close and focused pick up of the desired signal.
- Low-Cut Filter
- The ECM-678/9X features a low cut filter switch that eliminates low frequency hum, wind noise, ambient noise and proximity effect noise.