This item is controlled on the U.S. Commerce Control List set forth in the Export Administration Regulations or the U.S. Munitions List set forth in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and may require a license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to be exported from the United States. Without limitation, parties purchasing from B&H are solely responsible for determining applicable export licensing requirements and for obtaining any licenses or other authorizations from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government that are necessary for exporting the item, such as the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State.
This Ikelite housing for the Canon Digital Rebel T1i (500D) and Rebel XSi (450D) allows eTTL operation with the Ikelite DS digital SubStrobes when connected to the housing's bulkhead by a sync cord. Push buttons on the back of the housing put precise exposure control right at your fingertips. The top (yellow) half of the bar provides four 1/2 f/stop increments over or under flash compensation that is added to or subtracted from any compensation entered into the camera. The bottom (black) half of the bar provides eight manual power settings in half-stop increments. Other manufacturers' strobes can be used, but they cannot provide eTTL exposure or be adjusted manually through the housing. Controls are provided for every camera function except print function.
The housing size and weight provide neutral buoyancy and superb handling underwater. Camera installation is quick and simple. The dependable controls are conveniently placed at your fingertips, and kept water tight with Ikelite pioneered Quad-Ring seal glands proven to be the most reliable method for sealing controls. The housing features an ergonomic lever control for the Rebel T1i's Live View shooting/Movie push button (Print/Share/White balance selection button on the XSi).
The Ikelite Super-Eye magnifier provided with the housing offers enhanced viewing while wearing a diving mask. An assortment of interchangeable lens ports allows use of most macro, wide angle, and zoom lenses.
A lens port is required to match the specific lens on SLR cameras. Please also note that some zoom lenses might require addition of a Close-Up #4 diopter filter on the lens.
Click here for required lens port
- External Flash Ready
- eTTL compatible with DS digital SubStrobes
- Clear Polycarbonate Construction
- Strong and corrosion-free. Unobstructed view of the camera's information and control functions with visual confirmation of o-ring seal
- Camera Functions
- All important camera controls
- Live View
- Ergonomic lever control for the Rebel T1i's Live View shooting/Movie push button (Print/Share/White balance selection button on the XSi)
- Enhanced Viewing
- The Ikelite Super-Eye magnifier provided with the housing secures to the camera eyepiece and offers enhanced viewing while wearing a diving mask
- Mechanical Controls
- The dependable controls are conveniently placed at fingertip and kept water tight with Ikelite's pioneered Quad-Ring seal glands, one of the most reliable methods for sealing controls
- Multiple Lens Capability
- An assortment of interchangeable lens ports allows use of most macro, wide angle, and zoom lenses
- Release Handle
- Easy attachment and removal of SubStrobe mounting arms and other accessories at the touch of a button