The Canon imagePROGRAF iPF750 36" large format printer produces vibrant full-bleed posters, clear text documents, and crisp line drawings quickly and easily.
This professional printer is specially designed to meet the demands of the Geographical Information System (GIS); Computer-Aided Design (CAD); Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (AEC); Reprographics; and other Technical Document markets. This new printer from Canon produces a diverse range of outputs from complex technical documents to spectacular full-color posters, faster and easier than ever before.
The iPF750 is easy to use, with accounting functionality, a sub-ink tank system, and Gigabit Ethernet support that provides the user with exceptionally high measures of productivity. With support for HP-GL/2 and HP RTL files, standard and HDI printer drivers, and included PosterArtist Lite software, the iPF750 provides the versatility and flexibility needed for personal and small workgroup applications.
This environmentally-conscious device features fully front-accessible operations allowing for outstanding ease-of-use, and flush wall installation.
The Canon ImagePrograf iFP750 received an Outstanding Certified 4 and a Half Star rating from BERTL.
BERTL publishes product evaluation reviews on several hundred copiers, printers, fax, multi-functional, color and production devices every year. Out of these hundreds of devices, only a small number qualify for the highly prestigious 4 and a half Star, Outstanding rating. This rating is strictly reserved for those devices that deliver a range of business-critical features/functions that are above average and provide potential buyers with a good return on investment (ROI).
- Precision Printing
- Canon's PF-04 print head features a new nozzle shape to reduce satellite ink, producing cleaner lines and text, and minimizing mist. The high-precision, high-density print head, with a total of 15,360 nozzles, lays down 4 picoliter-size ink droplets that produce sharp detail and excellent image quality. The result is consistently accurate 2400 x 1200 dpi output with fine lines that are accurate to ±0.10% and as thin as 0.02 mm.
- L-COA Processor for High Speed Output
- Powering the iPF750's incredible print speed is Canon's L-COA (Large Format Printer COmmon Architecture) print controller, which enables Canon's high-speed PF-04 print head. When in fast mode, the iPF750 can produce a 24 x 36" drawing in approximately 28 seconds. In a busy working environment, this helps to facilitate workflow and meet deadlines
- Reactive Ink System
- The iPF750 utilizes four highly colorfast dye inks (CMYK), including a new Magenta ink for richer and more vivid Reds, plus two channels of Matte Black pigment inks which are used for maximum black density and speed. The printer will automatically switch between Regular Black and Matte Black inks at the time of printing. Simply choose the paper type and the iPF750 will use the appropriate black to optimize print quality.
- HDI Driver
- The Canon HDI Driver creates a vector graphical representation of the printed data. Here points are defined and a curved line is calculated mathematically in order to achieve a graphically accurate drawing of the printed data.
- HPGL-2 and HP RTL Support
- The iPF750 has built-in support for HP-GL/2 and HP RTL files.
- User Friendly Controls
- The new iPF750 has a completely redesigned control panel featuring more intuitive user interface, dedicated buttons for paper cutting and feeding, Administrator Mode, Media Type Presets and Estimated Time Remaining Display.
- Printing with Less Interruption
- With Canon's revolutionary ink tank system, you can replace ink cartridges without stopping the printer. For long print runs, a high-capacity media basket comes standard with this printer. And its highly durable self-propelled dual rotary cutter allows for even faster printing of multi-page jobs.
- PosterArtist Lite
- Canon's included PosterArtist Lite poster creation software was designed to help users at all levels to quickly and easily create professional large format posters, banners and signage. A variety of templates are included in the software package such as hi-resolution royalty-free images and clipart, for quick and easy projects for a wide variety of markets. The PosterArtist QuickCopy feature provides a way for CanoScan desktop scanners (not included) to be used as a copier, making letter-size flyers and documents into full-size posters with a touch of a button.
- Print Job Accounting Manager
- The Print Job Accounting Manager allows for the tracking and allocation of expenses, and other functions associated with the printing of jobs. This tool enables the calculation of ink and media costs and the number of pages printed.
- Plug-In for Microsoft Office
- Printing large-format documents created in Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint is made easy with this plug-in that appears in a toolbar inside the Microsoft application. Conversion of 8.5" x 11" office document to posters is a simple process.
- Economy Print Mode
- The Economy Print Mode for producing draft prints on select media reduces total ink consumption. This feature regulates the use of all inks to produce quick check plots while minimizing the cost per print.
- Environmentally Conscious Space-Saving Design
- Canon has redesigned this outstanding printer to provide an environmentally-conscious design featuring fully front-accessible operations for efficient operations, and flush wall installation. From loading paper to navigating through an intuitive control panel, the iPF750 simplifies large format printing. Made with less plastic, and reduced CO2 emissions, this model has earned ENERGY STAR qualification, and draws only 140 watts of power during use.
Note:Logos are trademarks of Ziff Davis, Inc. Used under license.
Reprinted from www.pcmag.com, September 7, 2010, with permission. 2010 Ziff Davis, Inc. All Rights Reserved.