The 4TB My Book Studio Edition II Quad Interface External Hard Drive from WD is a high-capacity external hard drive with an interface that allows it to be connected via FireWire-800, USB 2.0, or eSATA.
The drive is housed in an elegant design that can at first glance be mistaken for that of a hardbound book. This makes the drive an excellent choice for anyone who would like to have a unique and classy drive to use for external data storage. The drive features built-in power-saving, has no environmental contaminants, and ships in recyclable packaging, making it as friendly to the environment as it is to your data.
The drive comes preformatted with the Mac OS X HFS+ Journaled file system, making it an excellent choice for creative professionals who work on the Mac platform. WD Anywhere Backup software for OS X is included. The drive can also be reformatted for use in Windows. This drive is an excellent choice for anyone who would like to add storage to their computer without sacrificing aesthetics.
- Configure as a RAID 0 or RAID 1 array
- Connects via eSATA, FireWire-800, or USB 2.0
- HFS+ formatted for Mac OS X, can be reformatted for Windows systems
- Eco-friendly design uses WD GreenPower drives
- User-serviceable design: no tools are required to replace a drive
- Capacity gauge lets you know how much space is free on your drive