The V89 from MXL is a large-diaphragm condenser mic ideal for studio use. Perfect for recording vocals or instruments, the gold sputtered diaphragm provides a natural tone for terrific realism. Low noise circuitry, combined with a custom body designed for minimal resonance, and a tuned grille cavity that eliminates standing waves and harmonic distortion provides a high level of sonic integrity.
The mic capsule has a cardioid pickup pattern, which rejects noises on the sides and rear of the microphone, focusing only on sound sources in front of the mic body. The mic operates on standard 48V phantom power, which it receives via the standard 3-pin XLR connector. A wooden case, cleaning cloth, and shock mount are included.
- Natural Tone
- The large gold sputtered diaphragm provides a natural tone, ideal for instruments and vocals
- Sonic Integrity
- Low noise circuitry, a custom anti-resonance body, and a special grille cavity designed to eliminate standing waves and harmonic distortion result in a high level of sonic integrity
- Cardioid Pattern
- The cardioid pickup pattern rejects off-axis noise and focuses on sound sources in front of the mic body
- High SPL Capability
- The mic's high SPL capability allow it to capture high-volume sounds without distortion
- Phantom Power
- The mic operates on standard 48V phantom power
- Accessories Included
- A wooden storage case, microfiber cleaning cloth, and elastic shock mount are all included