The 2003A from MXL is a large-diaphragm condenser microphone ideal for studio or live applications where clarity and detail are of utmost importance. The vintage-style capsule design provides a smooth and even frequency response, while the transformerless output provides low-noise operation.
The mic has a cardioid pickup pattern that focuses on sounds in front of the mic body, while rejecting off-axis sounds. A bass rolloff switch reduces low-frequency noises and proximity effect, while a switchable -10dB pad provides extra headroom when recording extremely loud sound sources. The mic operates on standard 48V phantom power and comes with an elastic shock mount.
- Detailed Sound
- The large gold sputtered diaphragm and vintage capsule design provide a high level of clarity and detail, ideal for critical recording applications
- Transformerless Output
- The transformerless output provides extremely low-noise operation
- Cardioid Pattern
- The cardioid pickup pattern rejects off-axis noise, so the mic only picks up desired sonic elements
- High SPL Capability
- The mic has a high SPL capability and a switchable -10dB to provide plenty of headroom when recording loud sounds
- Bass Rolloff Switch
- The bass rolloff switch reduces the impact of low-frequency sounds and minimizes proximity effect
- Shock Mount Included
- An elastic shock mount is included for mounting the mic on a stand and isolating it from vibrations