The Gitzo GK2580TQR Series 2 Carbon Fiber Tripod is a complete solution for discriminating users who want exacting placement, premium operational refinement, and very low weight to carry. It is ideal for use with a modern SLR and a lens of up to 200mm in any conditions, and usually even provides sharp images with lenses as long as 300mm.
This tripod's enormous expansion/contraction ratio is ideally suited for travel, where compact dimensions become of paramount importance. Additionally the fit and finish are what you should expect from the industry's top brand. Gitzo means for your tripod to deliver decades of service, and offers a lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects.
The Series 2 Traveler leg set is a Gitzo 1 6x carbon fiber model, made from their superior, ultra-thin carbon fiber strands. Beyond the weight savings we're all after, carbon fiber has a tendency to 'eat' vibrations rather than transmitting them, much like a wooden tripod would. The top of the Traveler series is designed to allow the leg segments to fold 180°, towards the direction that's away from the ground when the tripod is in use. This allows the normal crown section of a tripod to be within the collapsed leg segments' space, affording this tripod its impressive 16.9" folded length.
The GH2781TQR Ballhead borrows from Gitzo's most modern collection of center ballheads, with some concessions for travel. It has a simplified locking lever, but still retains a PTFE-treated sphere and the "Spring Assisted Double Lock" with its great ability to stay where you put it once locked. The GH2781TQR has a quick release system specific to Gitzo, with a bubble level right at the base of the plate.
Altogether, this Gitzo Traveler package kit folds to <17", expands to 5'0.5", and weighs but 3.8 lbs.
- Gitzo's Traveler Series 2 carbon fiber tripod, delivered with a dedicated Gitzo ballhead with quick release
- Unique leg design allowing an expansion ratio that's unheard of in a truly rigid tripod
- Extremely-refined PTFE-coated ball sphere, with positive locking action
- Legs assembled from Gitzo-specific "6x" ultra-strong and super-thin (0.007mm) carbon fiber strands
- Maximum upper leg segment diameter of 28mm; appropriate for SLR cameras and 200mm telephoto lenses, mini DV or compact HD video cameras, and many binoculars or spotting scopes
- Gitzo's "ALR" Anti Leg Rotation design prohibits segments from rotating; they can only move directly up or down
- Gitzo's "G-Lock" is the industry's strongest locking mechanism
- Gitzo "Power Disc" top plate with anti-twist safety screws to affix head/lens collar to disc and disc to monopod stem
- Can be configured to the Arca-Swiss standard via Gitzo's optional GS5160CDT adapter
- Made in Italy