The Cullmann Magnesit 522 Tripod is an intelligently-designed medium class tripod meant for use with smaller SLR camera/lens combinations, such as an entry-class or semi-professional SLR with variable-aperture consumer zoom lens up to a <150mm medium telephoto lens.
The Magnesit 522 reaches a maximum height of 5.16', and thanks to the independent leg spread and 2-part center column it can operate at a very low working height of just 9.4" including the height of the 3-way pan/tilt head. It is named 'Magnesit' because it has extensive use of magnesium in the casings and fittings. Magnesium's a light and stable metal, helping to contribute to the 519's low weight of just 3.3 pounds.
All Magnesit tripods come with an additional short center column that enables the tripods to be used for extreme macro work, when the short center column is put in "upside-down", or when the tripod is used at it's lowest position, where the normal center column would hit the ground.
- Magnesium and aluminum alloy combination
- Foam-padded upper leg segments ease handling in cold and carrying upon shoulder
- Individual leg angle locks and detachable center column allow excellent minimum working height
- Retractable spikes for use upon soft ground
- Weight hook at bottom of center column for aided stability
- 3-Way pan/tilt head accepts all Cullmann quick release plates
- Maximum upper leg diameter of 22mm
- Optional #55396 case