The MPK61 from Akai is a 61-key, USB based performance controller, that also features 16 genuine MPC drum pads. The semi-weighted keyboard is velocity and pressure sensitive, as are the drum pads. Sixty-four pads are accessible in total via 4 pad-banks which feature the MPC Note Repeat function and Swing parameters.
The controller has its own arpeggiator, perfect for quickly creating creative riffs. The pads also maintain the MPC "Full Level" and "12 Levels" functions, and MPC Swing can be applied to both Note Repeat and Arpeggio functions. Tap Tempo and time-division buttons allow for real-time control of Note Repeat and Arpeggio clock speeds.
The controller can be powered via the USB bus. MIDI I/O is also available and the unit can function in standalone mode when powered by an optional power supply. In all, the Akai MPK61 delivers 72 assignable controls, with assignable inputs that include an expression pedal, footswitch, pitch bend and modulation wheel.
- 61-key, semi-weighted keyboard with aftertouch and full-sized keys
- 8 full-sized, 360° rotation pots, each with 3 banks for 24 pots total
- 16 genuine MPC pads with velocity and pressure sensitivity
- 8 full-sized sliders with 3 controller banks for each for 24 sliders total
- 8 assignable backlit switches with 3 controller banks each for 24 switches total
- Key Split enables 2 different sounds from the same keyboard
- MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing, and arpeggiator aid in creative process
- Transport controls for use with sequencers and DAWs
- MPC Full Level, MPC 16-Level, Tap Tempo, and Time Division assist with tempo and dynamics
- MIDI output over USB, bus powered, class compliant: plug and play with one USB cable
- Large, easy-to-read custom LCD display
- Works with virtually all MIDI recording, sequencing, and performance software
- Comes with Ableton Live Lite Akai Edition software