The Kirk PZ-134 Quick Release Plate is a compact and rugged quick release plate that is custom designed to snugly fit the Pentax K7 camera (without the B-DG4 Grip attached). This plate fits the Arca-type standard, meaning it fits into quick release adapters using the Arca-Swiss standard. Kirk Enterprises makes a fine quick release clamp, amongst many companies in the market offering them.
Machined from a single piece of 6061T6 industrial-strength aluminum, the PZ-134 provides full access to all switches, sockets, the battery drawer, and your camera's strap eyelets. They also put a strap eyelet on the plate itself so that you could use a hand strap (such as the Canon Hand Strap E1) with your camera instead of a neck strap. Either way, you'll never need to take it off the camera.
Also included with the PZ-134 is a pair of tiny safety stop screws, which can be installed on the bottom of the plate. While this will prevent 'side loading' your camera into the quick release adapter, forcing you to 'top load' it instead, it does give you an element of safety should you accidentally unlock the quick release clamp with the camera still in place. If the safety stop screws are installed, it is more likely that you would realize your mistake in time than it is that your expensive camera would fall to the ground.
- For use with quick release systems that adhere to the Arca-Swiss type standard
- Finely machined, with smooth edges
- Allows speedy horizontal/vertical exchange
- "Swiss Cheese" design to shave weight wherever possible
- Two small safety stop screws can be installed on the bottom of the plate, to possibly prevent the camera from falling out of the clamp if the clamp was accidentally opened
- Made in the USA