GiO from Apogee is a complete guitar interface for Apple's Logic Studio 9, MainStage 2 and GarageBand '09. Combining effects control, recording functions and legendary Apogee sound quality, the controller/interface delivers total access to the virtual guitar amplifiers found in Apple's software.
GiO allows guitar players to control recording functions, preset changes and plug-ins like Amp Designer and Pedalboard, along with new Playback and Loopback features in MainStage. With GarageBand 09, GiO is truly plug-and-play and lets users quickly connect their guitar, select and control built-in amplifiers and stompboxes, and record.
Five transport buttons let you record, play, stop and quickly navigate through your track without taking your hands off the guitar neck. Previous and Next preset select buttons let you quickly audition and toggle between guitar amplifiers and effects presets in Logic and GarageBand, and the patch lists in MainStage.
The instrument input is optimized for all pickup configurations, from the most basic single coil to sophisticated active electronics setups. A MIDI Expression pedal input with an optional expression pedal allows access to traditional effects like wah-wah, and volume. It can also provide control over effects parameters like the length of a delay or the speed of a tremolo.
- USB guitar interface and controller for the Mac
- Unbalanced 1/4" Hi-Z instrument input
- 1/4" MIDI expression pedal input
- Line-level, 1/4" stereo output for headphones, powered monitors or an instrument amplifier
- A/D and D/A conversion with 24-bit, 44.1/48kHz resolution
- 5 Stompbox buttons, dynamically color-coded to match software effects
- 5 Transport control buttons, dynamically lit when engaged
- 2 "Previous/Next" preset selection buttons
- Control built into Apple's GarageBand '09, Logic Pro 9, and MainStage 2 software