The VC-50HD Video Field Converter from Edirol/Roland can be used to convert HD-SDI to 50/35/8Mbps MPEG-2 TS, as well as HDV format (25/19Mbps). The unit also supports conversion from SD-SDI to DV format (25Mbps) and 12/9/2Mbps MPEG-2 TS.
Note: Up/down conversion, I/P conversion, NTSC/PAL conversion, and frame conversion are not supported.
- HDMI Output
- The dedicated HDMI output port provides display and monitoring of both the video and audio signal. The output can also be used to directly connect to a large display or video projector.
- The VC-50HD can be controlled using dedicated PC utility software via USB. This ability allows setting up direction, codec type, SDI audio channels, and other similar parameters. Presets can be saved to enable quick and convenient selection via dipswitch settings.
- The VC-50HD supports three different types of power supply: AC power adapter, AA batteries, and external battery support. The built-in AA battery tray can supply seamless failover power should the AC power become disconnected or while changing over external battery packs. Additionally, the VC-50HD can accept V-Mount and Gold Mount external batteries systems.
- Capture to HDD/SDD with the EDIROL F-1 Video Field Recorder
- Combining the VC-50HD with the EDIROL F-1 Video Field Recorder (Version 2.0) enables direct recording at any supported bitrate (up to 50Mbps) to hard-drive or solid state memory. MPEG-2TS 50Mbps enables higher quality video capture than HDV. Alternatively, MPEG-2 TS 8Mbps enables approximately 27 hours of HD video recording when used with the 120GB HDD.
- HD-SDI & HDV Bi-Directional Video Copy
- Bi-directionally convert between uncompressed HD-SDI and affordable HD format HDV devices. This is an efficient and flexible system for transfer, production, and transcoding applications.
- Non-Linear System Capture & Editing
- Most non-linear video editing systems support HDV as well as 35/50Mbps MPEG-2 TS data files. Use this device to enable higher-quality video production with low overhead.
- Capture or Archiving to Blu-Ray
- Blu-ray/ DVD recorders equipped with IEEE1394 (i.LINK) can record high quality video directly from HD/SD-SDI sources via the VC-50HD. This support is ideal for high-quality video backup and archiving.