The PAD6 from Pyle Pro is a device that converts analog audio signals into digital information. It connects to a Mac or Windows computer via USB and allows you to plug in analog devices such as vinyl turntables and tape decks, and record their signal into a computer. You can also record directly to the PAD6 by inserting an SD Card. It's a handy way to digitally capture vinyl and other audio signals without the need for a computer.
The operation of the PAD6 is simple. You connect either a record player or any line-level source to its mini-plug input. A dial on the side of the unit allows you to set the ideal gain level for recording. The USB output connects to your computer so you can record the digitized audio signal with recording software. You also have the option to record directly onto an SD Card.
You can connect the stereo mini-plug output of the PAD6 to a mixer, stereo receiver, or PA system so you can monitor your sound. There are volume buttons on the top of the unit to adjust the output level. There are also navigation controls for playing back files from your SD Card. An EQ button will apply preset EQ curves that are appropriate for different music styles.
- Runs on battery or DC power (with LED indicator)
- Four inputs: SD Card, USB, phono (to connect record players) & line-level (to connect tape players, MP3 players, etc.)
- Common play & control functions for MP3 and WMA files
- Recording function with adjustable gain control
- EQ button
- 1/8'' microphone input jack
- 1/8'' headphone output jack
- 1/8'' phono/line input jack