The Roland SP-404SX Sampler brings 16-bit linear sampling wherever you are with its simple-to-use battery powered chassis. Create production-ready sounds with DSP effects, and smooth FX switching. Create patterns and loops with flexible pattern sequencer with shuffle feature. The SP-404SX includes a 1GB SD for simple data transfer and can handle up to 32GB SDHC cards.
Sample anytime, anywhere with the built-in mic and battery power
29 DSP effects, including filter, delay, unique voice effects, subsonic, and looper
3 control knobs, 12 trigger pads, and Sub Pad for rapid repeat triggering
Pattern sequencer with quantize mode and new shuffle feels
1GB SD card included; expand sample storage up to 32GB with SDHC
Import audio files from computer, assign samples to pads with bundled software (Mac/PC)
- Instant Sampling
- Sample anywhere, anytime using the SP-404SX's built-in microphone. And since the SP-404SX can run on AC or battery power (six AA batteries), it's easy to record wherever and whenever inspiration strikes. Just power-up, point, and record. Line and mic inputs are also available for recording direct or with an external microphone. The SP-404SX's sampling format is uncompressed wave for high-quality audio capture
- Hands-On Performance
- The SP-404SX is made to be played, it's packed with interactive controls for jamming along with loops and patterns. Put your fingers on the three non-slip control knobs, 12 trigger pads, and Sub Pad for rapid repeat triggering in real time. On dark stages or DJ booths, the SP-404SX is a performers dream with its illuminated rubber pads and bright LED screen.
- Extreme Effects
- Create a signature sound using the SP-404SX's 29 DSP effects, which switch seamlessly during live performance. Essential onboard effects include spacious reverbs and choruses, plus filters and delays. There are also unique, esoteric effects built in, including a voice transformer and looper. With the DJFX Looper, you can create short loops (such as machine-gun-like "da-da-da-da-da" sounds) and control reverse-playback with the knob. You can also create scratch effects like a turntable. Connect the SP-404SX to a DJ mixer and use it as an effect processor. Seventeen of the effects have a "limiter" mode, which keeps the effects from overloading. This is great for live DJ performance when you don't want to lose control of the effects in the heat of the moment
- In addition to the endless supply of loops you can pack into the SP-404SX, you can also create your own tracks in real time with the Pattern Sequencer, complete with quantize mode, which includes shuffle feels. Creating patterns is done in real time. You can loop two measures (maximum 99 measures), for example, then play and record only the bass drum and the snare. Next, add the hi-hat over the top, and keep adding more instruments while the SP-404SX loops. You can store 120 patterns (12 patterns x 10 banks). When you play a pattern with the Pattern Sequencer, the LEDs surrounding the display blink according to the tempo, which is handy during live performance
- SD Card Memory
- Start sampling right away with the included 1GB SD card. You can easily expand the sampling time using up to 32GB SDHC. Import audio files from your computer using the included software (Mac/PC) and assign them to the SP-404SX's pads. WAV and AIFF files are accepted. The software is fast and easy to use, as it displays the SP-404SX's pads onscreen. You can even use it to convert SP-404 format files to the SP-404SX