The VE-20 from Boss is an effects pedal for vocalists that provides harmonies, pitch correction, layering, classic effects like reverb and delay, as well as unusual sounds like strobe and robot voice. It's been designed to be easy to use on stage, in rehearsal, and in the studio. The VE-20 a powerful tool for varying the tone and quality of your voice, and for discovering creative new means of expression.
A phrase looper is built into the VE-20, which enables you to create multi-layered loops of your voice in real time. It runs on 6 standard AA batteries, or on an optional PSA-series power adapter. Your microphone plugs into its combo XLR and 1/4" TRS input (which can provide phantom power to condenser microphones). There are two XLR outputs that enable stereo operation.
- The Essential Stompbox for Vocalists
- Features high quality effects for vocalists such as reverb, delay, dynamics, chorus, and more
- Add harmonies to your vocals instantly as you sing. Select the harmony interval of your choice, or create multi-part stacks, such as upper third and lower fifth, and save them for instant recall. Create 3-part harmonies and layers. You can also thicken your vocals with Double Track.
- Phrase Loop
- Sing, record, loop, and overdub with the on-board Phrase Looper. You get 38 seconds of recording time to loop and layer phrases, and you can do it all in real time onstage.
- Special FX
- Includes a colorful and expressive collection of special effects, including Electric (made famous by artists such as Cher and Black-Eyed Peas), Robot, Strobe (rotary), Distortion, Chorus, and Reverb
- Road-Tough Design
- Features the same solid-metal construction as other Boss stompboxes
- Hit That Note
- Real time pitch-correction tools
- Phantom Power
- Phantom power for condenser microphones
- AC or Batteries
- Runs on six AA-batteries or AC adaptor (PSA-Series)
- Easy Operation
- Designed from the ground up to be easy to use