With On-Camera Flash Techniques for Digital Wedding and Portrait Photography, photographers learn how to create stunning, professional images while avoiding the common pitfalls of using an on-camera flash. Techniques for using simple accessories, such as bounce cards and diffusers, as well as how to improve a lighting scenario by enhancing it rather than overwhelming it. The book shows photographers how to master these challenging aspects of portraiture.
For wedding and environmental portrait photographers who must work in ever-changing lighting scenarios, executing these tips will avoid flat, lifeless images with harsh shadows, washed-out skin tones, cavernous black backgrounds, and other unappealing visual characteristics. The results will be better images, as well as happier clients, which will create more sales.
- Understanding metering modes for flash photography exposures
- Choosing the right flash mode for your image whether it's manual, auto, or TTL
- Flash sync speeds and dragging the shutter
- Using flash to augment natural light
- Flash modifiers for more refined effects
- Mastering the ins and outs of bounce flash
- Balancing flash with tungsten, fluorescent, and other light sources
- Using fill flash and controlling light ratios
- Choosing the equipment that best suits your style of photography
- Enhancing your results with off-camera flash