The 550/551 from MXL is a professional-quality microphone kit ideal for recording vocals and instruments. The 550 large-diaphragm mic is a robust vocal mic, while the 551 small-diaphragm mic is terrific for a variety of instruments.
Each mic has a pressure gradient condenser capsule with a cardioid pickup pattern for terrific off-axis noise rejection. The mics have internal Mogami wiring for a world-class sonic experience. High SPL capability allows the mics to record loud sources without distortion. Each mic has a standard XLR connector and works via 48V phantom power.
- Dual microphone kit provides terrific performance for capturing vocals and instruments
- The 550 large-diaphragm microphone provides a high level of clarity, and is perfect for vocals
- The 551 small-diaphragm mic is ideal for a variety of acoustic and electric instruments
- Each mic has a pressure gradient condenser capsule with a cardioid pickup pattern for excellent off-axis rejection
- Internal Mogami wiring provides a world class sonic experience
- Standard XLR connectors accept 48V phantom power
- Mic stand adapters, cleaning cloth, and plastic carrying case included