The Singh-Ray 77mm LB Warming Circular Polarizer Filter helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface. This results in a noticeable increase in the saturation of skies and foliage, as well as clearer imagery when photographing in hazy conditions. A circular polarizer differs from a linear polarizer in that it supports full use of a camera's autofocus and auto exposure functions.
The LB designation of this filter stands for "Lighter, Brighter", which refers to the lower optical density of the filter that enables shorter shutter speeds or smaller f/stops to be used when the filter is in place. The brighter design of the filter also enables a brighter viewfinder image to aid in composition as well as improves auto exposure and focusing performance. Additionally, the filter provides a warming effect to imagery by imparting a slight red/yellowish hue across the entire image.
Singh-Ray ring-mounted filters are constructed from highly polished proprietary glass to provide notable image quality and clarity. The standard ring mount design measures 8.5mm-thick and features front filter threads for stacking of additional filters.
- Reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface.
- Arrange and filter directionally polarized light perpendicularly to the reflected light allowing for the absorption of much of the light.
- Lessens haze in distant landscapes and provides more saturated, vivid colors.
- Strongest effect when used at a 90° from the sun.
- "Lighter, Brighter" design enables shorter shutter speeds or smaller apertures to be used compared to other circular polarizer filters.
- Warming effect adds a red/yellowish tone to imagery in order to minimize overwhelming cool tones and add a brighter appearance.
- Constructed from highly-polished glass to provide high image quality and clarity.