When it comes to handling extreme lighting conditions such as high contrast and backlit scenes, the Panasonic WVCP500 is one of the most capable box cameras in the industry. To achieve this stature, the camera comes equipped with a powerful wide dynamic range function called Super Dynamic 5, which operates in tandem with ABS (Adaptive Black Stretch) to neutralize the bright and dark regions of a scene and that way help bring out all the details of an image.
Additionally the camera uses a Day/Night function that operates together with an IR cut filter to raise sensitivity levels during nighttime hours. All these attributes serve to complement the camera's outstanding image quality characterized by a resolution of 650 TVL in color and 700 TVL in B/W mode.
Another unique feature of this camera is its i-VMD (intelligent-Video Motion Detection) function, which not only detects movement, but also can sense an object that has been removed or left behind.
- Super Dynamic 5 & ABS (Adaptive Black Stretch)
- Super Dynamic 5 and ABS are the chief players in helping the camera overcome scenes exhibiting high contrast and harsh backlighting. Using a complex algorithm, these functions separately analyze the bright and dark regions of an image and then combine the two to produce a well defined image that is neither over nor under exposed and with all the details perfectly highlighted.
- Super High Resolution
- First and foremost is a camera's image quality, which is why Panasonic provided this camera with 650 TVL in color and 700 TVL in B/W mode.
- Day/Night Function with IR Cut Filter
- When light levels begin to fade the camera auto switches to a low light sensitive B/W video mode. At the same time an IR filter is removed from the front of the camera to allow light with wavelengths near the infrared spectrum to reach the CCD.
- i-VMD (intelligent-Video Motion Detection)
- In addition to the usual motion detection, this camera employs object detection as a way of detecting an object that has been removed or left behind. It can also detect camera tampering by sensing when the lens is being covered, spray painted, removed or defocused.
- ABF (Auto Back Focus)
- ABF (Auto Back Focus) ensures easy installation and stable focus in both color and B/W modes.
- 3-Dimensional Color Conversion
- A 3-dimensional color conversion function ensures natural color reproduction even in lower color temperature situations.
- Adaptive Digital Noise Reduction:
- Adaptive Digital Noise Reduction integrates 2D-DNR and 3DDNR to ensure noise reduction in various conditions.
- Auto Image Stabilizer
- Auto Image Stabilizer is useful for environments where vibration or wind is a concern.
- Multi-Language Camera Title Display
- Camera titles can be entered in: English, French, Italian, Spanish, German, Russian, and Japanese.