The CDJ-2000 Professional Multimedia and CD Player by Pioneer is a CD/USB/SD audio deck capable of playing WAV, AIFF, MP3, and AAC files. A 24-bit / 48kHz soundcard, plus the added functionality of Needle Search and the Pro DJ Link system set this model apart.
The CDJ-2000 has a front loading CD drive, which can read manufactured audio CDs as well as CD-R/RW, DVD±R/RW, and DVD±R-DL formats. External storage devices, such as flash drives, connect to the type A USB port on the top panel. The CDJ-2000 also incorporates an SD card slot for portable memory. The CDJ can utilize these sources without any assistance from a computer.
The Pro DJ Link system allows up to four CDJ-2000/900 decks to be linked together over LAN cables to share audio sources. Music from a hard drive, USB flash, or SD memory card can be cued up and remotely played from any deck in the array.
The Needle Search touchpad allows you to quickly scan through a track, while automatic looping functions create tempo-synced loops at the push of a button. Instead of spending time listening for the right moment and tweaking the start/end points of a loop, you can be one step ahead in your mix. Loop times can also be easily halved or doubled.
The CDJ can also transmit MIDI signal from its back panel type B USB connection, which allows control of third party DJ software from a laptop. The built-in HID technology often eliminates the need for a control disc. Up to 35 controls on the surface of the player can be mapped as triggers for software or external MIDI devices.
- Includes rekordbox Software
- The CDJ-2000 includes rekordbox, a music management program that catalogs your music library. rekordbox analyzes and prepares files to be used with CDJ turntables.
- Compatible with Various File Formats
- The CDJ-2000 can play MP3, AAC, WAV and AIFF files.
- Accepts a Wide Variety of Media Types
- The CDJ-2000 will play music on CD, CD-R/RW, DVD±R, DVD±RW, DVD±R-DL, SD memory card, and USB devices.
- Pro DJ Link Port
- The Link port enables source sharing across up to four CDJ-2000/900 decks. Music from a hard drive, USB, or SD memory card can be cued up and remotely played from any deck in the array. The CDJ's rotary knob scrolls through files and folders, a push of the knob selects the highlighted song.
- 6.1" Full Color LCD
- The CDJ-2000's 6.1" LCD displays song titles, CD artwork, track info, and a graphic waveform overview of each song.
- One Button 4-Beat Loops
- The press of a single button creates an automatic 4-beat loop. Subsequent presses will cut the loop in half. The loop length can also be quickly doubled.
- Needle Search
- A touchpad that allows DJs to navigate within a song to find the cue point they need. It can also be used for "drop the needle" effects.
- HID and MIDI over USB
- HID technology enables easy, precise control of Digital Vinyl Systems without time-coded discs. The CDJ-2000 can also transmit MIDI signal from its back panel type B USB connection, which allows communication with third-party DJ software on a laptop. Up to 35 controls on the surface of the player can be mapped as triggers.