Trilian from Spectrasonics is a vast virtual instrument for the real-time performance of acoustic and electric basses, along with cutting-edge synthesizer bass tones. The instrument provides a new level of expressiveness, along with powerful editing and impressive sound quality. Although a successor to Trilogy, this instrument was designed completely from the ground up to deliver a comprehensive and versatile virtual bass instrument.
The new acoustic and electric basses are sampled at an extremely high level of detail resulting in a 34GB library. The combination of the software's intuitive, automatic selection of legato and release articulations as the user plays, along with the "Round-Robin" variations, produce natural sounding bass lines, especially in the case of repeated notes.
Multi-sampled dynamic slides let notes realistically slide from one to another and each of the new basses feature multi-channel mixing between phase-locked microphone/amplifier and direct outputs of each bass. Over 60 different 4, 5, 6 and 8 string electric basses are presented in fingered, picked, fretless, slapped, tapped, and muted technique variations. The new Acoustic Bass is the most detailed instrument Spectrasonics has ever released, with 4 audio channels and over 21,000 samples used to create the single instrument.
Powered by "STEAM Engine" technology, Trilian features core library integration with Spectrasonics' Omnisphere virtual synthesizer, allowing Trilian's sounds to be used within the Omnisphere environment for further sound design and keyboard/bass splits. Groove Lock for Trillian arpeggiators is also supported with Stylus RMX, with perfect synchronization between all 3 Spectrasonics instruments.
The Custom Controls interface on the Main page of each patch brings out the most useful and interesting sound modification controls for that specific patch, and a single control can even modify numerous parameters to create unique FX. The Custom Controls are all MIDI Learnable, Automatable and users can create their own configurations of Custom Controls.
For synthesizer sounds, the software features newly-developed 4-Pole "Juicy" and "Power" filter algorithms with oscillating resonance that are ideal for electronic bass. Hundreds of synthesizer sound sources were created using over 30 of the most coveted hardware synthesizers. Multiple powerful editing controls are available for sound design, including the "FlexMod" modulation system, Dual Filters with more than 19 filter types, 6 multistage looping envelopes, 6 full-featured LFOs, dual morphing modulation, FX racks with modulation, and much more.
- Versatile bass virtual instrument with a high level of expressiveness for real-time performance of acoustic and electric basses, including cutting-edge synthesizer bass tones
- Real-time performance features include:
- Intuitive, automatic selection of dynamic legato and release articulations allows for highly realistic hammer-ons, pull-offs and trills
- Extensive "Round-Robin" articulations for natural sounding bass lines with repeated notes
- Multi-sampled dynamic slides allow for realistic slides from one note to another
- Multi-channel mixing between microphone/amplifier and direct outputs of each bass
- Articulations for acoustic and electric basses include staccato, legato, sustain, vibrato, slide up, slide down, slide up and down, glissando up, harmonics, FX squeaks, X-notes, at multiple velocities with extensive Round-Robin
- Pitched Release Samples triggering, with up to 16 x Round Robin samples for ultimate realism
- Live Mode offers intuitive key switching approach for multiple articulations
- Stack mode allows user configurable key/velocity/controller mapping for custom patch zones and splits
- Custom Controls bring instant, useful and exciting synthesizer bass patch editing attributes right to the user's control
- Arpeggiator with Groove Lock for instant bass line syncing to any Stylus RMX groove or MIDI file
- Sound Library
- Vast core library with over 34GB of bass sounds
- Includes over 60 electric bass sounds, including 4, 5, 6 and 8-string electric basses played by 6 different bassists
- Includes all types of playing techniques - fingered, picked, fretless, slapped, tapped, muted
- Acoustic bass with extremely detailed articulations built-in to each patch with over 21,000 samples
- Electric basses include 5-string Music Man Studio Bass, Clean Fender Jazz Bass, Epiphone Retro 60's Bass, Hardcore Rock 5-string, Lakland Rock P-Bass and Chapman Stick
- 333 synthesizer sound sources include sounds from the Novation Bass Station, Yamaha CS-80, Cwejman Modular, Moog Minimoog, Little Phatty, Voyager, Taurus Pedals, Korg MS-20, Oberheim 2 voice, ARP 2600, Roland Juno 60/106, Waldorf Pulse, DSI Mopho and Tetra, Roland TB-303, SH-101,
- Newly developed "Juicy Filter" and "Power Filter" algorithms are ideal for thick, resonant synthesizer bass sounds
- Enhanced and re-mastered versions of original Trilogy core library
- Bonus section of the re-mastered classic "Bass Legends" library featuring Abraham Laboriel, John Patitucci and Marcus Miller
- Powerfully simple interface design makes key features accessible to every user
- "Custom Controls" bring the most useful editing capabilities for each patch right to the front panel
- State of the art browser with searching, attributes/tags, images
- Advanced MIDI learn and automation parameter handling
- High Definition streaming sample playback STEAM Engine technology
- Integration with Omnisphere allowing Trilian patches to open inside Omnisphere for editing and live performance stacks (Omnisphere version 1.1 or higher required for Trilian library integration)
- Edit page offers powerful sound manipulation features with dual filters, advanced envelopes and full modulation matrix
- 8-part multi-timbrality allows multiple articulations in a single plug-in with instant, seamless key-switching
- Expandable sound architecture allows user customizable patches and unique new Bass sounds
- Comprehensive integrated Reference Guide with search
- Free tutorial videos available online to registered users
- Integrated, full-featured FX Racks, just like those found in Omnisphere and Stylus RMX
- Over 32 original FX Processors covering the full spectrum of signal processing including amp simulators and compressors, EQ and reverb and delays, unique processors and more
- FX can be modulated, automated and MIDI Learned for powerful synthesis and real-time control options