The AW2G from Korg is a chromatic tuner that is designed to clip directly onto an instrument. It picks up sound with either its built-in microphone, or its vibration-sensing Piezo sensor (which is useful in noisy environments). It runs on an included CR2032 lithium battery (which are easy to replace) for an impressive 150 hours. If you forget to turn off the AW2G, it will automatically power itself down to save energy.
The clip that comes with the AW2G is designed to attach to the headstock of a guitar. You have the option to position it in any angle you like, thanks to its double jointed mechanism. This allows you to adapt the AW2G to a variety of playing styles, as well as position its display behind the headstock, out of view of your audience.
The AW2G features a wide tuning range of A0--C8. Special markings indicate pure major and minor thirds that are relative to a specific pitch. The display is backlit, making it easy to read in any setting. The light can be dimmed, turned off, and set to only get bright when a signal is detected.
- Clip-on chromatic tuner that attaches directly to a wind instrument or string instrument providing for cable-free tuning
- Includes a clip that's optimized for attaching to a guitar headstock
- Double ball-joint allows multi-angle positioning with far greater mobility for the display section
- Internal backlight ensures excellent visibility even on a dimly lit stage
- Energy-saving Auto mode automatically switches to the low-power Soft mode when no sound is present
- Korg's proprietary clip-on design safely fits a variety of instruments
- Select either the internal mic or the piezo sensor for optimum response
- Markings indicate pure major third and minor third intervals for beautiful, authentic consonance
- Meter Reverse function allows intuitive tuning from any viewing angle
- Calibration function accommodates a variety of concert pitches
- Auto Power Off function maximizes the battery life, even if you forget to turn the chromatic tuner off
- Memory backup function