The Track Pack X1 from Tascam is a computer recording kit that includes a US-100 compact USB 2.0 computer audio interface, a MC-VT1 dynamic microphone, an XLR microphone cable, and a pair of HP-VT1 headphones. When the US-100 is plugged into an Apple or Windows computer, it acts as the computer's soundcard and features inputs for microphones, guitars, and line-level devices like CD players and keyboards. It features durable construction and a very budget friendly price.
The Track Pack X1 kit is a complete computer recording solution. The included MC-VT1 handheld microphone is ideal for recording instruments and voices. A built-in pop filter in the microphone helps cut frequencies that interfere with vocal recordings. An XLR microphone cable is included, which allows you to connect the MC-VT1 microphone to an XLR input on the US-100 interface for a professional connection with optimum sound quality. The HP-VT1 headphones close around your ears with comfortable padding. They're useful for both tracking and mixing. Audacity software allows you to record multiple tracks of audio. You can edit your recordings and sweeten the sound with effects and noise reduction. It's compatible with both Windows and Mac computers.
The US-100 features individual inputs for either XLR or 1/4" sound sources, and its RCA input features a switch so it can accept a line-level signal, or a phono-level signal. This enables you to connect a record player to the US-100, so you can digitize your favorite vinyl records. Its construction is both attractive and sturdy. The compact size of the US-100 makes it ideal for studio and field recording, and the USB bus powering capability means that you never have to plug it into the outlet on the wall or fuss with a power cable.
- XLR microphone input
- Stereo line-level in and out
- USB 2.0 connection to computer
- 1/8" headphone output
- Phono-level input for connecting a record player
- Aluminum case construction
- Mac and Windows drivers included (compatible with Mac OS X Snow Leopard)
- Dynamic handheld vocal microphone
- Professional XLR output for lower noise performance
- Built-in pop filter reduces vocal plosives
- Closed-ear headphones for isolation while recording
- Includes 1/4" stereo headphone adapter plug
- Padded headset with rich bass response
- Multi-track recording
- Audio editing
- Effects and noise reduction
- Optional free VST plug-in support