The Ikelite Digital SubStrobe DS-161 combines all of the functionality of the Ikelite DS-160 with a powerful 500 lumen LED video light. This is the perfect tool for digital SLRs that shoot video as well as stills. Now with one equipment configuration, capture amazing stills and videos. The DS-161 provides strobe light for freezing action and bringing back the color for stills, and you have the daylight-balanced LED video light to bring natural color back into your video.
The strobe is compatible with all Ikelite TTL digital camera systems. The strobe will also work with older TTL film cameras including the Nikonos system. A variety of sync cords, sensors, and TTL adapters are available to connect to almost any camera system currently on the market. The DS-161 features special electronic circuitry that allows use with digital cameras with preflash metering. The strobe is also completely compatible with all non-preflash systems.
The strobe offers 160 watt/seconds of power in a small package, and has a coverage angle of 100 degrees with a diffuser. The SubStrobe DS-161 recycles virtually instantaneously when fired at fractional power. This is true whether in TTL or manual mode. At full power, you still get an incredible 1.5 second recycle time. Use a compatible TTL system and enjoy perfect automatic exposure and an increased number of flashes per full charge. When used in manual mode, the DS-161 offers 10 power settings in half-stop increments for precise control over your exposure.
The video light has 3 super-bright LEDs that are arranged behind a special optical element to provide 45° angle of coverage free of hot spots. The light produces 500 lumens of daylight balanced light that will bring out true, natural colors with or without the use of a color correcting filter. Custom circuitry and highly efficient drivers provide 5 hours of continuous burn time on a fully charged battery with no waning effects. Continuous use of the light at full power reduces number of full power flashes by less than 15%.
With the strobe set to the "Batt w/Lite" position, the movie light is adjustable between 100% and 50% power in 10 fractional power settings. An "SOS" mode emits the universal signal for help in an emergency situation. With the strobe set to the "On w/Lite" position, the movie light doubles as an aiming light for focusing or night diving. The light automatically turns off and back on when the strobe fires so there is no effect on your photos.
The #3945.03 DS-161 package includes the rechargeable NiMH battery pack, flash diffuser, deluxe ball-joint strobe arm and the Manual Controller. The required smart charger is also included.
- 160 Watt/seconds of power
- 90° angle-of-coverage, add a diffuser to get 100°
- Full power recycle time of 1.5 second with audible ready signal
- Up to 225 flashes per charge
- In manual mode, the strobe offers 10 power settings in half-stop increments
- Three super-bright LEDs that are arranged behind a special optical element to provide a 45° angle-of-coverage free of hot spots
- Produces 500 lumens of light
- Daylight-balanced 5500K light will bring back true, natural colors
- Provides 5 hours of continuous burn time on a fully charged battery with no waning effects, continuous use of the light at full power reduces number of full power flashes by less than 15%
- When dial is in the "Batt w/Lite" position, the movie light is adjustable between 100% and 50% power in 10 fractional power settings
- When dial is in the "On w/Lite" position, the movie light doubles as an aiming light for focusing or night diving; it automatically turns off and back on when the strobe fires so there is no effect on your photos
- The included Manual Controller operates as a wireless sensor triggered by the camera's built-in flash or another strobe, the Manual Controller provides ten power settings in half/stop increments
- Ikelite deluxe ball-joint strobe arm allows you to position the light for the most dramatic lighting effects