The UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid from MOTU is a hybrid FireWire and USB 2.0 audio and MIDI interface for Windows and Mac computers with built-in DSP processing that also offers powerful stand-alone mixer functionality. It connects to both Mac and Windows computers through either a FireWire or USB port and provides high-resolution audio inputs and outputs for the connected computer. The option of computer connections provides a welcome level of future-proof usage.
Built-in DSP processing gives you the ability to add reverbs, compressors, and EQ to all input and output channels of the UltraLite-mk3, without taxing the host computer's processors. Additionally, when the UltraLite-mk3 is configured for stand-alone use, the DSP processing can be used without being attached to a computer. You can even call up the effects and tweak their parameters to your liking by utilizing the LCD display, all without a computer. Among the included effects are a vintage LA-2A compression emulation, and a range of reverbs and EQs.
A rich assortment of inputs and outputs are provided on the UltraLite-mk3, and controlling their gain settings is easy. You can make fine adjustments to the microphone preamps, as well as the input and output trims of all of the 1/4" jacks. Mac and Windows compatible CueMix FX software is included which enables you to create and save elaborate mixing and routing setups for the UltraLite-mk3. You can even slave to external SMPTE time code source through any of its quarter-inch inputs or outputs. MOTU SMPTE Console software is included to generate, regenerate, or slave other devices to your computer.
- Hybrid FireWire/USB2 connectivity, connect to your computer via either bus-powered FireWire or hi-speed USB 2.0
- Includes CueMix FX, a flexible 10 input/14 bus mixer with on-board DSP effects, including reverb with sends/returns, plus EQ and compression on every input and output
- No channel sharing on the 10 inputs and 14 outputs of the UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid; the mic inputs, S/PDIF I/O, headphone out, and main outs are all handled as separate channels
- Classic Reverb provides five different room types, three frequency shelves with adjustable crossover points, shelf filtering, and reverb lengths up to 60 seconds
- Two forms of compression, a standard compressor with conventional threshold/ratio/attack/release/gain controls and the Leveler, an accurate model of the legendary LA-2A optical compressor, which provides vintage, musical automatic gain control
- Modeled EQ provides 7-band parametric EQ modeled after British analog console EQs, featuring 4 filter styles (gain/Q profiles) to effectively cover a wide range of audio material. LP and HP filters are also supplied with slopes that range from 6 to 36 dB.
- CueMix FX cross-platform mixing software, attractive graphic mixing, graphic editing of parametric EQ and a convenient tabbed interface for quick access to all features in one window. Also provides full-screen real-time FFT display, spectrogram "waterfall" display, oscilloscope, X-Y plot and linear or polar phase analysis.
- Front-panel control, access any setting in your entire UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid mix directly from the front panel
- "Reverb return" stream allows users to record or mix UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid reverb output separately in their DAW. Effects can also be applied when the UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid is operating stand-alone (without a computer) as a complete stand-alone mixer.
- Stand-alone operation, program your mixes at the studio and then bring the UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid to your gig with no computer needed. Just plug in the included power adapter and you are ready to go. Tweak the mix on site using the back-lit LCD and front-panel controls.
- Multiple CueMix FX mixes, create different monitor mixes for the main outs and headphones. Or add send/return loops for outboard gear with no latency.
- Two combo jacks provide hi-Z 1/4" guitar input or low-Z XLR mic input with phantom power, pad, and plenty of gain
- Eight 24-bit 192 kHz analog inputs and outputs on balanced/unbalanced 1/4" TRS jacks
- Digitally controlled analog trims on all analog inputs (mic/guitar inputs & quarter-inch TRS inputs) provides accurate adjustments in 1 dB increments. Fine-tune the balance of your analog inputs and then save/recall trim configurations.
- Direct Digital Synthesis (DDS) is a DSP-driven phase lock engine and internal clock source that produces imperceptibly low jitter characteristics (below the noise floor), even when the UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid is resolved to an external clock source via SMPTE time code
- Time code support directly resolves to (or generates) time code via any quarter-inch input or output, without the need for an extra synchronizer
- Sample-accurate MIDI, connect a MIDI controller and/or sound module with no separate interface needed. MIDI I/O is sample-accurate with supporting software.
- Expandable, you can add additional interfaces for more I/O as your needs grow
- Separate TRS main outs with front panel volume control
- Stereo 24-bit 96 kHz S/PDIF in/out
- Includes drivers for Mac & PC, including ASIO, WDM, Wave, Core Audio, and Core MIDI
- 100% compatible with all host-based effects processing in today's popular audio programs
- Includes AudioDesk full-featured sample-accurate workstation software for the Mac with recording, editing, mixing, real-time 32-bit effects processing & sample-accurate sync
- Plug-and-play operation with your Mac or PC via FireWire or USB 2.0
- Front panel volume control for monitoring. Stereo, Quad, 6.1, 7.1 and user-defined surround monitoring setups available.
- Front panel headphone jack with volume control
- Bus-powered FireWire operation. No need for external power when operating as a FireWire interface connected to a computer. A power supply is included for stand-alone operation.