The view is astounding and the handling is superb - glassing through the EL 8.5x42 SwaroVision Binocular from Swarovski brings the cutting edge of optical performance to a new level. While the original EL series set the benchmark for clarity, color accuracy, and handling comfort, the EL SwaroVision binoculars raise the performance bar even higher.
The optical system has been enhanced with all of Swarovski's HD optics with their legendary performance-enhancing multilayer lens coatings. The optical path is enhanced even further with the addition of field flattener lenses. These field flatteners ensure an edge-to-edge sharpness and clarity that's free of distortion and other distractions.
Keeping pace with the optical train, the EL SV's construction also benefits from some advanced fine-tuning. The EL's open-bridge design provides viewers with long-term viewing comfort, enhanced stability, and ease of handling. The housing is covered with a rubberized finish that offers a secure tactile grip and a bit of shock resistance. Stellar all-climate performance is ensured via nitrogen purging. The rugged magnesium housing is sealed and purged to create a watertight and fogproof internal system - one that's impervious to dynamic climates and difficult conditions.
The focusing system has been upgraded as well - this optic focuses down to 4.9' and the viewer can go from infinity to minimum focus with two full rotations of the center-focus dial. A wide angle field of view and truly noteworthy eye relief contribute to this fine sporting optic's viewing performance. Even when wearing glasses, the view remains unobstructed, free from vignetting, and lush with crisp detail.
- Optical Performance
- Wide angle FOV
- Phase-coated BAK4 roof prisms
- Larger ocular lenses provide enhanced resolution
- Field flattener lenses deliver a razor-sharp distortion-free view
- HD optics: fluoride glass elements with Swarovski's proprietary coatings yield superior edge-sharpness, digiscoping imagery, excellent twilight performance
- SWAROTOP anti-reflective multicoating: enhances light transmission
- SWARODUR coating: enhances scratch resistance
- SWAROCLEAN coating: the non-stick proprietary external coating makes cleaning/removing dried-on mineral residue, insect repellent, and tree resin easier. Over time the lens' surface will require less intensive cleaning which significantly increases the longevity of the optic.
- SWAROBRIGHT mirrored prism coating: improves brightness and color reproduction under all lighting conditions.
- Rugged lightweight magnesium housing
- Nitrogen purged: waterproof, fogproof, submersible
- Open-bridge EL design affords a comfortable wrap-around grip
- Tactile rubber armoring for shock and all-climate weather resistance
- Improved objective cover design offers an enhanced level of protection
- Use and Handling
- Close focus: 4.9'/1.5 m
- Twist-up eye cups with 3 detented settings
- Rapid focus system: 2 turns from 4.9' to infinity
- Extended eye relief accommodates eye/sunglass wearers
- Rubber armor on the each barrel's interior section enhances the viewer's grip