The Sea & Sea YS-01 is a compact slave strobe that can be used for wide-angle or macro photography. With its circular beam angle of 100 x 100° and a guide number of up to 20 it is the perfect strobe for small Point & Shoot cameras or DSLRs. The DS-TTL (Digital Slave TTL) feature gives you automatic expouser control when shooting in slave mode. It is best to connect the strobe to the housing with a fiber optic cable. For finer lighting control it is best to shoot in manual mode. This is easy since the YS-01 has a ten-level power dial located on the back of the strobe.
The YS-01 is powered by 4-AA batteries. You can get up to 330 flashes at full power with NiMH batteries. With NiMH batteries you will get a blazing fast 1.9 second recycle time, so you will not miss all the action on the reef. The YS-01 has a bright 1W LED target light, that is bright enough to use as a dive light on night dives.
An external flash is your most important accessory. The ocean is one big, blue filter. As you descend, the reds and oranges quickly become muted shades of blue and gray. Using a color corrected strobe light will bring back your subject's natural color.
- Connects with a fiber optic cable and gives you DS-TTL (Digital Slave TTL automatic expouser control
- Manual control is easy with the ten-level power dial
- Circular beam for a broad 100° x 100° angle of coverage
- Bright LED target light in center of the strobe face is bright enough for night dives
- Guide number 20 (ISO 100/m) for high power performance
- Recycle time of approximately 1.9 seconds with NiMH batteries at full power