The VisibleDust EZ Sensor Cleaning Kit with VDust Plus contains a 1ml bottle of VDust Plus and 4 (Green) 1.6x Vswab. The kit is used to remove unknown stains. It is a multi-ingredient, ISO alcoholic solution that removes water or oil fast, evaporates fast and is excellent for cleaning the mirror with a DHAP swab. The streak free motion is best used for fluorine coated sensors.
- Kit contains 1ml bottle of VDust Plus and 4 (Green) 1.6x Vswab
- Used to remove unknown stains
- A multi-ingredient, ISO alcoholic solution that removes water or oil fast, evaporates fast and is excellent for cleaning the mirror with a DHAP swab
- Streak free motion is best used for fluorine coated sensors
- Cautionary notes
- The VisibleDust sensor cleaning solutions and swabs are calibrated to work together to produce optimal and safe results. Please do not use alternative solutions with this swab. A simple grain of quartz which is found in cheaper solutions is enough to produce an expensive scratch on the low pass filter. These solutions are manufactured to the highest standard of quality that is practiced in pharmaceutical industries.
- VisibleDust solutions are calibrated for normal evaporative rates:
To keep the swab moist at all time to reduce the risk of scratches
To increase the cleaning power, less swabbing more economical
To reduce friction by being moist at all times during swabbing
- The potential risk of fast evaporative solutions used as sensor cleaning is the following:
An increase in the risk of damage and stress to sensor coating by using premature dry swab
A great reduction in cleaning power by shortening the contact time between contaminants and solution due to the increased evaporation rate of the solution
An increase in friction by using a premature drying swab, resulting in static charge build up leading to an even greater dust accumulation on the sensor
- These cleaning liquids are intended to be placed on the swab first, so the concern for liquid seeping through the sensor is not valid or accurate. On the other hand, the disadvantages of a generic brand for fast evaporative liquid used for sensor cleaning may in fact cause damage to the sensor by requiring repeat swabbing and is not recommended.