The Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro HSM Lens is a large-aperture lens with a maximum f/stop of f/2.8 in wide angle setting. The large zoom range of this 4x zoom lens (equivalent range of approx. 25.5-105mm when used with a Sony digital SLR camera) makes it ideal as an everyday large-aperture lens. In addition, the minimum focus distance of 8.7" along with the maximum magnification of 1:2.7 also makes the lens perfect for close-up photography.
The lens' Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) ensures a quiet and high-speed auto focus, while its rounded, seven-blade diaphragm creates an attractive blur when shooting at wide apertures. The inner focusing system eliminates front lens rotation, making the lens particularly suitable for using the supplied petal-type lens hood and circular polarizing filters.
DC lenses are exclusively designed for digital SLR cameras. The image circle (rear of lens) is made to match the smaller dimensions used for the image sensor on digital cameras. As a result these lenses are also more compact and lightweight, and are better matched to digital SLR cameras.
Note! Not suitable for 35mm film SLR cameras or for any digital SLR camera with image sensor bigger than APS-C size
- DC lenses are designed for digital SLR cameras with APS-C size chips
- Large 4x zoom range gives this lens a equivalent range of 25.5-105mm when used with a Sony digital SLR camera
- Fast f/2.8-4 aperture makes this lens perfect for low light
- With a minimum focus distance of 8.7" along with the maximum magnification of 1:2.7 the lens is perfect for close-up photography
- Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) also ensures a quiet and high-speed auto focus