Sony's VMC-UAM1 USB Adapter Cable is compatible with any 2010-2012 Sony Handycam camcorders (except Bloggie) with Sony's Direct Copy function. The VMC-UAM1 cable and Direct Copy function allow you to transfer your media files from your camcorder directly to an optional external USB hard disk drive (HDD) without using a computer. Just connect the cable to the USB mini-B connection on the camcorder and to the USB Type A connection on the external USB HDD. You can also use the VMC-UAM1 cable with your Handycam camcorder to access videos stored on an optional external USB HDD for playback on an HDTV. This allows you to utilize the camcorder's handy playback features to view stored footage.
- Works with Sony's Direct Copy function so you can transfer video content from your camcorder directly to an optional external USB HDD for quick backup without using a computer
- The VMC-UAM1 lets you use your camcorder to directly access videos stored on an optional external USB HDD for playback on your HDTV
- Also allows you to copy video content directly to your PC
- Compatible with USB (mini-B) port on your Sony Handycam camcorder and a USB plug going to a storage device or PC
- The cable is long enough for easy connectivity, but short enough to remain tangle-free
- Cable is not compatible with Handycam camcorders that feature the Sony USB Multi Terminal