The Nikon TC-20E III 2x Teleconverter is an exceptional teleconverter optimized for use with FX and DX digital SLR cameras. It doubles the focal length of compatible Nikkor lenses. The TC-20E III is constructed of 7 elements in 5 groups and with Nikon's Integrated Coating (IC) you will see improved color and reduced flare. It has one aspherical lens element which virtually eliminates lens aberrations.
The 2x extender (also known as a teleconverter) will double the focal length of your existing lens, and will cut back the amount of light by 2 f-stops. For example, using this teleconverter with a 300mm lens will effectively increase the focal length to 600mm. A lens set to f/2.8 will now be f/5.6. Teleconverters are best used with longer telephoto lenses and are not recommended for lenses wider than 50mm, e.g. 28-105mm (35mm format).
- Enhanced Telephoto Versatility
- An affordable and portable gateway to extend telephoto reach which is ideal for sports, wildlife, surveillance and more.
- 2x Optical Conversion Factor
- The TC-20E III doubles the focal length of select compatible Nikkor lenses.
- Aspherical Lens Element
- The aspherical lens element eliminates coma and other aberrations especially at wide apertures.
- Nikon Integrated Coating (IC)
- The Nikon Integrated Coating (IC) enhances light transmission efficiency, improves color consistency and reduces flare.
- Advanced Optical Design
- This teleconverter is constructed with 7 elements in 5 groups and is optimized for use with FX and DX digital SLRs, engineered to meet the needs of professional photographers.
- Lens Compatibility
For Nikon's current list of lenses that are compatible with this teleconverter - click here
Please note that Nikon's DLSRs featuring f/8 AF support may allow autofocus with lens/teleconverter combinations that are not currently listed as being 'compatible'.