The Redrock Micro microMatteBox Standard Bundle is a universal matte box system that accommodates any lens – whether camcorder, film camera, DSLR, or 35mm lens adapter. With its convenient swing-away design, this cinema-grade lens attachment allows the use of 4x4" and 4x5.65" professional filters that can rotate 360° or be easily swapped out for different looks. Everything on the microMatteBox can be easily locked, adjusted, or simply removed.
Configurability is key, and not only of filters: optional Redrock accessories include the 15mm microSupport system as well as flags and additional filter stages. And since the microMatteBox uses industry-standard support and filter sizes, it's completely compatible with existing 15mm and 19mm rod/rail systems. (The optional Redrock Micro 19mm/15mm Studio Support Arm accommodates 19mm systems.) With its high-quality design and affordability, the microMatteBox system is built for productions small, large, or anywhere in between.
Note: The microMatteBox Standard Bundle does not come with support rods, baseplate, filters, or flags, which are available separately.
- Universal matte box: works with videocameras, 35mm lens adapters, and motion-picture film cameras
- Widescreen format shade
- Flattened shade design for wide-angle lenses
- Interchangeable mattes
- Swing-away design – a first for this price range
- Industry-standard support for 15mm rods
- Separate locking knobs for filter position and filter rotation
- Metal filter trays with spring-loaded filter locks
- All filter stages rotate 360° and support up to 5.65" square filter trays
- Dual-purpose filter tray for 4x4" and 4x5.65" filters. Additional tray options will be available to support up to 5.65" square filters
- Unique stackable stage design: add or remove stages to exactly meet your configuration needs
- All-metal construction (lens shade and lens adapter: high-impact ABS)
- Adaptable to various lens sizes (lens opening with lens connector: 140mm, without: 155mm). Four neoprene donuts fit lenses of varying diameters. (Diameter of donut openings: 51mm, 64mm, 76mm, and 102mm. Additional sizes can be cut from supplied donuts)
- Height from center of rods to center of matte box: 85mm (industry-standard height) with +/- 10mm adjustment
- Compatible with Arri filter trays and Arri bellows (with optional Arri bellows adapter)