The UMX250 from Behringer is a 25-note MIDI Controller that functions as an extremely flexible master keyboard with a control section that is suitable for a wide range of applications. MIDI addressable effects processors (such as delays, reverbs, etc.) and audio recording and editing software can all be controlled using the 22 assignable controllers.
The keyboard features 8 knobs, 10 assignable switches, a pitch bend and a modulation wheel, a pedal port and 1 fader, which collectively provide total control of any operating environment. Once you've assigned the parameters for a particular scenario, simply store it in your user preset. Additionally, the key-bed is custom-designed to deliver excellent responsiveness and playability.
The UMX250 also includes the company's UCA222 USB audio interface for accessing a PC or Mac computer's audio capability. You can use the interface to connect sound modules or other audio sources directly to any free computer USB port and listen to either the input or output signal via headphones, or through active studio monitors. The UCA222 also features an S/PDIF optical output for direct digital conversion.
Included are more than 100 instruments and 50 effects plug-ins that feature a virtual e-piano and synthesizer sounds. Tweak your sounds with tube amps and multi-FX, plus high-end studio reverbs, equalizers, compressors, choruses and much more. Also included is the Native Instruments' KORE PLAYER with a production ready 300MB sound library.
The controller ships with the energyXT2.5 Compact Behringer Edition DAW software, making it easy to manipulate audio and MIDI files, and turning song ideas into CD or web-ready recordings. A cross-platform solution, the software includes its own multi-FX processor, built-in synthesizers and a drum machine, both of which can be accessed directly.
Because it needs to be ready for action in a variety of venues, the UMX250 can draw operating power from any free USB port on a PC or Mac computer, via 3 AA batteries, or an optional external power supply.
- Includes 100 virtual instruments and 50 VST effects plus an unlimited number of sound creations
- Velocity-sensitive USB/MIDI keyboard featuring 25 high-quality full-size keys and programming versatility, real-time control and playability
- USB/Audio interface included for recording and playback of any digital music file (Mac and Windows compatible)
- EnergyXT2.5 Compact Behringer Edition music production software included with an audio/MIDI sequencer that loads on all computer platforms
- Includes the NI KorePlayer sound module with production-ready 300 MB sound library, with lots of sounds ranging from synths to acoustic instruments to drums
- Plug and play with Mac OS X, Windows XP and Vista operating systems
- 8 real-time rotary controls plus 10 assignable switches
- Freely assign MIDI control changes to the modulation wheel, volume fader and pedal port
- Full 128 tone range via the octave shift function with multi-purpose LED status indication
- Separate MIDI output allows controlling external samplers, synths and other equipment
- Runs via USB, batteries, or a power adapter (not included)