The Sanus Elements ELM501 All-In-One IR Repeater is like a dispatcher for infrared remote signals. All that's visible is one small IR receiver. You can aim up to four different remotes at it and it will send the correct signal to the correct unit, even if it's concealed behind a cabinet door.
The ELM501 allows you to keep a neat, clean appearance. Your A/V equipment can be stored in cabinets or behind your projection screen as long as the discreet little IR receiver is in line of site of your viewing position. It can be on your TV set or on a nearby table or counter. You also have the option of drilling a hole in a wall or cabinet so all that's visible is a small dark disk. (Everything needed but the drill is included.)
The unit's method of operation is clever yet simple. From the IR receiver the signals travel by a built-in discreet 36" wire to the 1 x 1 x 4 1/2 inch repeater hub. Plugged into the hub are two wires with two infrared signal repeater heads each. Each repeater head is secured in front of each component's infrared receiver.
Undesirable signals from sunlight and plasma TVs are automatically filtered out and you have complete control over four components that can be "invisible" as far as your guests are concerned.
Note! Attempting to lengthen repeater connection cord will result in loss of signal strength and possible malfunction of the unit
- Effectively replicates infrared signals from remote controls to reach components stored remotely or hidden in enclosed cabinets.
- All-in-one kit contains all necessary elements to control up to four components.
- Filters undesirable signals from sunlight and plasma TVs to provide error-free operation.
- LED status lights provide power and IR signal indication.
- Frequency range of 30 KHz – 60 KHz works with multiple AV components.
- Tabletop and hole mounting options included in package.