The KAOSSILATOR PRO from Korg is a supercharged version of the popular KAOSSILATOR, offering all of the features of the original while adding a variety of new features as well. The primary tool of the KAOSSILATOR PRO is the touch-sensitive X-Y touchpad, which provides intuitive control of pitch, tone, and other parameters to quickly create original sounds and musical phrases. The unit has over 200 pro-level sounds, including synths, drums, and effects, as well as acoustic instruments. An enhanced PCM sound generator offers realistic drum sounds.
The KAOSSILATOR PRO features a mic input jack and 15 different vocoder programs, making it easy to create unique vocal effects. Assignable program memory buttons let you access up to 8 of your favorite sounds instantly. Loop recording allows layering of internal program sounds and external overdubs. The are 4 loop record banks, each of which allows up to 4 measures of loop recording with easy muting for expressive realtime layering and re-mixing. A gate arpeggiator will repeatedly trigger sounds in sync with the tempo. Convenient slider controls let you adjust the gate time and speed.
You can also choose a key and select one of 32 musical scales to create musical phrases. The X-Y pad can be given a limited note range for even more control. Your loop data, user settings, and program memories can be stored on a SD flash memory card for convenient saving. The unit will even perform double-duty as a MIDI controller for external equipment or MIDI software. Dedicated included software lets you manage loop data, MIDI assignments, and user settings from your computer.
Note! This unit is not compatible with SDHC or SDXC cards.
- Intuitive X-Y Touchpad
- The intuitive touchpad lets you create complex phrases with a single finger. It responds instantly to gestures to create spontaneous changes that were difficult to produce on synthesizers of the past. Horizontal motions control the pitch, while the vertical axis can control tone parameters such as cutoff, feedback, or modulation depth. This makes it easy for anyone to create entirely original sounds and musical phrases
- 200 Programs
- The versatile array of included pro-level sounds features synths, drums, FX and other instruments. These sounds complement all styles of electronic and dance music including techno, house, breaks, hip hop, R&B, reggae, and electro. There are also numerous acoustic instruments such as piano, trumpet, and guitar, providing a further boost to your expressive resources. You can assign your favorite programs to the 8 program memory buttons for instant recall, ensuring that your live performances will be smooth
- Enhanced Drum Sounds
- In addition to the modeling synthesis borrowed from the original KAOSSILATOR, the KAOSSILATOR PRO provides a new PCM sound generator as well, offering even more realistic drum sounds arranged in kits across the X-Y pad. There are 20 different one-shot sounds for kick, snare, and hi-hat, as well as 25 rhythm loop patterns to spark your creativity
- Vocoder Programs
- The KAOSSILATOR PRO features a mic input jack and 15 types of vocoder programs, making it easy to achieve unique sound effects, create robot voices, and more
- 31 Scales
- The 31 types of scales cover a range from chromatic scales to major, minor, blues and beyond. By specifying a scale and key, you can use a single finger to play perfect melodies and phrases that would be difficult to play even on a keyboard. There are also special scales such as Spanish, Ryukyu, and Raga, letting you play phrases that have a distinctive flavor. Another boost in expressive power is provided by the new Note Range function, which lets you specify the range of pitches available on the touchpad from a single octave up to 8 octaves
- Gate Arpeggiator
- Inspired by the EMX-1 and ESX-1 Electribes, the integrated gate arpeggiator allows you to play a pattern of sounds that are always in sync with the tempo, generating phrases that defy imagination. The KAOSSILATOR PRO's slider can control the gate time or gate speed, allowing even more complex phrases to be produced. Tempos can be set manually, or on the fly using the Tap Tempo function
- Loop Recording
- Loop recording can be set for up to 4 measures/16 beats. Your KAOSSILATOR PRO musical performances can be recorded into one of the Loop Recorder Banks. By adding (overdubbing) additional sounds one at a time, you can create amazing loop phrases by repeating the cycle of selecting a sound, playing a phrase, and recording the sound over and over again. The line inputs and mic input allow loop recording using an external audio source. This makes it easy to add a rap, vocal, or audio from an external device to any loop phrase created on the KAOSSILATOR PRO
- Recording Banks
- The unit provides 4 Loop Recording Banks. These banks can be combined for virtually infinite performance possibilities. Each of the loop banks can host infinite overdubs. In addition, each bank can be muted or unmuted, its volume adjusted, and its loop length changed, making dynamic live performances easy for anyone. An unneeded loop can be erased during playback, and a new one recorded, so there's no need to stop the performance
- USB and MIDI
- Standard MIDI in/out connectors and a USB connector let you use your computer to back up the loop recording data, or even drop loops into your favorite DAW. The KAOSSILATOR PRO can also control your software applications or an external MIDI device. The KAOSSILATOR PRO can send or receive MIDI clock as well
- SD Card Storage
- An SD card slot is provided for storing loop data and user settings such as program memories. Favorite phrases can be saved to build up a collection of loop data that will inspire your musical arrangements. SD Card storage also allows you to create the same show with the same loops, night after night. You can also swap loops with other KAOSSILATOR PRO users, or use your data in multiple units
- Dedicated Editor/Librarian Software
- The KAOSSILATOR PRO Editor is a dedicated Mac/Windows software program for managing your recorded loop data, as well as MIDI assignment editor functionality that lets you transform the KAOSSILATOR PRO into a powerful MIDI controller that's set up just the way you want. KAOSSILATOR PRO Editor can be downloaded free of charge from the Korg website