If you want really great bass from your receiver/amplifier you need a powered subwoofer. That means you've got to plug it into a wall outlet. And it also means you have to run a wire from your amp to your subwoofer. Or do you?
If you have one of the new yAired-compatible Yamaha amps you can use the Yamaha SWK-W10 Wireless Subwoofer Kit instead of stringing speaker wire from your amp to your subwoofer. Under ideal conditions the SWK-W10 can be as far away as 66 feet (20 meters) from the amp. (Since bass frequencies are hard for the human ear to locate you have a lot of flexibility in where you place a subwoofer.)
Although you need a Yamaha yAired-compatible amp you can take most any subwoofer and make it wireless by plugging it into the SWK-W10. Setting the whole thing up takes just a few minutes; no Bluetooth-style "pairing" is required.
And just because you've gone wireless doesn't mean you have to settle for weak-kneed bass. The yAired system uses pure uncompressed linear PCM encoding so you'll enjoy pure, deep feel-it-in-your-chest bass with your SWK-W10.
- Yamaha yAired Technology For Superior Wireless Connectivity
yAired is a Yamaha original wireless technology that offers many benefits, such as:
- Simple, convenient operation – unlike Bluetooth products, no pairing is needed.
- Wireless operation – remote control with auto power on and volume control.
- Superior sound quality – uncompressed wireless audio transmission (linear PCM).
- Real-time communication – audio and video synchronization.