The Promote GPS from Promote Systems is for Nikon and Fuji DSLR cameras. This device mounts to your camera's hot shoe and lets you benefit from GPS technology to pinpoint the precise location from which a photograph is taken. This technology called "geotagging" embeds geographic information into a photograph along with the time and date stamp.
The Promote GPS Receiver features the SiRF Star III chip, which allows acquiring and maintaining a GPS signal lock. The GPS is powered from the camera and it will automatically power up and down along with camera exposure meter, allowing for further saving of the camera battery power.
The GPS is compatible with the following Nikon DSLR cameras:
Note: This product does not support Nikon D90 and D5000 cameras
- The GPS-N1 provides immediate geotagging...no computer processing required
- The GPS unit consumes less than 55mA from the camera, making it one of the most power-efficient GPS receivers available for compatible Nikon and Fuji DSLR cameras.
- It provides latitude, longitude, elevation and date/time information
- The GPS-N1 is a dependable 20 channel GPS receiver powered by SiRF Star III chip
- It supports WAAS, EGNOS, and MSAS
- No batteries are required...the unit is powered directly from camera
- An easy to use right-angle connector ensures the best fit to your camera
- The unit boasts low power consumption for longer shooting sessions
- The unit is automatically powered on & off along with the camera exposure meter
- A satellite almanac is automatically memorized for quick hot start
- Guaranteed against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 1 year from the date of original retail purchase
- Made in the U.S.A.