The Promote Control from Promote Systems is an advanced remote control for digital SLR cameras that replaces other manufacturer's remote control devices. It allows the doors for your creativity to open with its superior automation and intuitive ease of use. The Promote provides flexibility for exposure bracketing commonly used to create HDR (High Dynamic Range) images which reveal stunning detail and tonal range.
One of the most useful features of the Promote Control is an advanced Time-Lapse mode normally found only in middle to high end professional DSLR cameras. With the Promote, time-lapse photography with any camera is supported including affordable entry level DSLRs.
This highly customizable device can be calibrated to match your personal preferences. Moreover, the device's firmware is upgradeable, so it will stay up-to-date with the latest functionality and enhanced capabilities of future camera models.
- Replaces and extends manufacturer-specific remote controls
- Promote Control can automatically put the camera into Bulb mode when performing bracketed exposures longer than 30 seconds The resulting images can be processed in a software application of choice to create a highly realistic image with a wide tonal range. 1
- It has an advanced easy-to-configure Time-Lapse mode with optional sequence start delay
- The Promote Control can be programmed to perform a fully automatic, user-defined, delay for Mirror lock-up before every picture is taken. Locking the mirror before taking a picture gives a tripod-based camera the ultimate stability required to take a perfectly sharp photograph.
- Promote Control has an improved user interface featuring flexible user-definable settings
- A passive camera pre-focus and release functionality remains as a backup even when the remote control is out of power
- A multi-tone audible feedback mode can be engaged on the Promote Control
- The device uses large, easy-to-read liquid crystal display featuring a RGB backlight of variable intensity
- The device has a weather-resistant design for water and dust resiliency
- The Promote Control is powered by two AA batteries, the most easily obtainable power source
- It has an external DC power jack for timing very long exposures for astrophotography and other similar applications
- Device firmware updates can be applied from a personal computer via USB interface
The Promote Control is compatible with digital cameras supporting an industry standard PTP/MTP protocol for controlling camera functions over USB interface.
Just a few supported cameras include, but are in no way limited to:
- D4, D3, D3s, D3X, D2X, D2Xs, D2H, D2Hs, D200, D300, D300s, D700, D800, D800E, D40, D40x, D50, D60, D70, D70s, D80, D90, D600, D3100, D3200, D5000, D5100, D5200, D7000, D7100 (D800, D800E, D7100, D5200, D5100, D5000, and D3200 require an optional USB OTG adapter (USB Mini-AB male to USB Type A female) for connection).
- Type 1 (CN3 Shutter Cable): 1D Mark III, 1Ds Mark III, 1D Mark IV, 1D X, 5D Mark II, 5D Mark III, 7D, 6D, 30D, 40D, 50D.
- Type 2 (CN2 Shutter Cable): 100D/SL1, 400D/XTi, 450D/XSi, 500D/T1i, 550D/T2i, 600D/T3i, 650D/T4i, 700D/T5i, 1000D/XS, 1100D/T3, 60D, 70D.
Canon 300D, 350D, 10D, 20D, 5D Mk I, 1D/1Ds Mk I and 1D/1Ds Mk II cameras are not supported in HDR mode. Only basic operations such as One-Shot, Time-Lapse and Manual Hold are available on these cameras, and would require a CN3 cable to be connected.
Canon 5D Mk III, 60D, 70D and 6D cannot be automatically switched to Bulb mode if/when required by HDR bracketing (>30 second exposures only). A prompt will be shown on the Promote Control screen if a Bulb mode is required in HDR mode.
- SLT-A99, SLT-A77, A900, A850 (Requires use of SY3 Shutter Cable (not included) as well as the Bulb Ramping/Bulb HDR Assist Kit for compatibility).
- SD1, SD1 Merrill