The Voigtlander Color Skopar 20mm f/3.5 SL-II for Canon EOS is an ultra-compact, sturdy manual focus lens featuring traditional high-quality Japanese construction and classic styling. The Color Skopar is a perfect choice as a moderately wide angle lens for those wanting high performance in a fixed all-manual lens. This lens is part of the SL II series, which feature a CPU (Central Processing Unit) built into the lens. Having the CPU integrated into the lens allows it to support all of your Canon EOS SLR's metering functions. In addition, this also means that the aperture is now controlled by the camera's command dial.
The manual focusing movement of the Color Skopar is satisfying to operate and worlds apart in action from doing the same with autofocus lenses. This lens offers a f/3.5 maximum aperture, but unlike most zoom lenses, it will perform nearly as brilliantly at f/3.5 as it will at friendlier apertures of f/5.6-11.0. An optional dedicated hood is available, but on Canon EOS SLRs you'd be hard pressed to induce flare even if you deliberately tried. The focusing helicoid can extend far from the body on the Color Skopar to allow a minimum focusing distance of just ~8" (20cm).
- An ideal wide angle fixed lens upon digital SLR cameras
- Sophisticated 9-element aspherical lens formula
- Sturdy metal outer barrel
- Compact dimensions; barely more than 1" long
- An ideal performer at larger apertures
- 9-Bladed aperture diaphragm
- Silky smooth and rubber-rimmed focusing helicoid
- Full multicoatings upon every optical surface
- Made in Japan