The compact and highly-portable C90 MAK Spotting Scope from Celestron is a powerful spotting scope with a Maksutov-Cassegrain optical path, a 32mm eyepiece, and an erect-image 45° diagonal that also corrects the view laterally. Because the finderscope and the diagonal both provide corrected images, the C90 is an excellent choice for terrestrial and astronomy viewing.
The 32mm Plossl eyepiece provides the user with a remarkable 39x magnification. Higher levels of magnification and wider fields of view can be experienced by substituting the included eyepiece with appropriate 1.25" astronomy ocular.
The C90 comes with an erect image 8x21 finderscope that provides a wider FOV to aid the viewer in locating subjects and targets easily. The finderscope mounts conveniently to the side of the C90's OTA and it removes easily for storage and transport.
The entire system is tripod-adaptable - the C90 is equipped with a standard threaded tripod mount that's stable and secure. The rear of the C90 features built-in T-mount threads for mounting an SLR camera for astrophotography or digiscoping applications.
- Performance Details
- Multicoated optics
- Focal Length : 1250 mm, f/13.89
- 32 mm 1.25" Plossl eyepiece: 39x magnification
- Integral standard 1/4"-20 threaded tripod mount
- Built-in T-adapter threading for use with SLR cameras
- 8x21 erect-image finderscope for rapid subject location
- Compact and portable Maksutov-Cassegrain optical design
- 45° erect-image diagonal for terrestrial and astronomical applications