The Motu HDX-SDI SDI, HDMI Analog Video Interface for Desktops is a comprehensive video capture and monitoring system that supports a wide variety of professional workflows. The unit features Mac and PC drivers, both 32 and 64 bit, and is compatible with Final Cut and Media Composer on the Mac and with Premiere on a PC.
Connect the system to virtually any source: from standard definition camcorders to fully professional digital cinema cameras, logging and capturing clips is quick and easy, saving both time and headaches. Unmatched image quality can be achieved by recording to uncompressed 4:2:2 over HD-SDI; 10-bit color depth and full raster 1920 x 1080 is at your fingertips, all in real time!
By using codecs that are directly supported and native to non-linear editing systems, the need to spend costly time transcoding footage is eliminated. Users can capture up to (16) channels of audio, in both analog (XLR) and digital (AES/EBU) with sample rates up to 96 kHz. Additional features include RS-232C support, and frame-accurate time code management. This model comes equipped with a PCI Express card for integration with today's multi-core Mac and PC desktops.
- Support for File-based Workflows
- Video can be transcoded in real time to Apple's ProRes and ProRes HQ, along with a variety of other standard broadcast codecs. Capture and monitor full-raster (1920 x 1080 or 1280 x 720) with host-based codecs supported by Apple Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere Pro. The system lets users capture, edit, monitor in any codec supported natively in Apple Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere Pro.
- PCI Express Card Included
- This model comes equipped with PCI Express card for integrating with desktop workstations. The kit allows users to connect the HDX-SDI breakout box to a Mac or PC tower equipped with at least one available PCIe slot. The system can freely switch between a laptop (using the optional ExpressCard 34 kit) and a tower with a simple cable swap.
- Multiple Resolutions
- The HDX-SDI supports a range of resolutions up to 1080/30p.
- Uncompressed Capture
- When recording over HD-SDI, the HDX-SDI can capture uncompressed 4:2:2 video with 10-bit color depth.
- ASC/CDL Color Grading
- The unit provides flexible, industry-standard color adjustment with separate settings for capture and playback.
- Sync and Machine Control
- Advanced sync features include time code, large front panel time code display, video ref input, and 9-pin machine control.
- Comprehensive Audio Solution
- Capture or monitor up to (16) channels of audio via any two 8-channel banks of TRS analog, AES/EBU digital or embedded (SDI or HDMI) at sample rates up to 96kHz.
- Compact Frame
- The system only takes up 1RU in any standard 19" EIA rack.
- HDMI Capture
- The unit comes with both HDMI input and output.
- International Operation
- Auto-switching internal power supply features power save mode.