The DiaScope Vario 15-45x/20-60x Eyepiece from Zeiss provides variable magnification to enhance the viewing capabilities of the Victory DiaScope spotting scope. With a 65mm DiaScope this ocular offers 15-45x magnification and a 3.2-1.5° FOV. When it's installed upon an 85mm DiaScope, the magnification is 20-60x with a 2.5-1.2° FOV.
Optically, the Vario 15-45x/20-60x eyepiece has been engineered to match the performance of the DiaScope T* FL spotters. Achromatic fluoride-glass lenses have been implemented for their exceedingly high level of visual acuity and accurate color rendition. The exterior lens surfaces have been graced with a protective LotuTec coating that sheds water, mist, fog, and oils. By minimizing the presence of these image-dispersing contaminants, the LotuTec coating maximizes the lens' optical qualities. Every air-to-glass surface of each lens has been fully multicoated with Zeiss' proprietary and legendary T* coating to ensure optimum light transmission, contrast, and color fidelity.
A simple yet robust bayonet mount ensures a secure fit to the DiaScope's housing - a simple twist-to-attach operation puts the ocular into its working position. Eye/sunglass wearers will greatly appreciate the eyepiece's generous 16mm of eye relief along with the adjustable twist-up rubber eyecup.
- Optical Performance
- Focal length: 25.1 - 8.4 mm
- Eye relief: 16 mm / 0.63"
- DiaScope 65 mm AFOV - 44.8-67.5°
- DiaScope 85 mm AFOV - 50.0-72.0°
- LotuTec coating: Sheds water, dirt, grease, grime. Lenses can be wiped clean without smearing
- T* multicoating: lenses are fully multicoated with T* coatings to reduce flare, improve contrast, enhance light transmission
- FL Concept: fluoride glass lens elements deliver brighter and sharper images with accurate color and higher levels of contrast. They minimize chromatic aberrations while virtually eliminating stray light interference, image fuzziness, low contrast
- Design and Construction
- Secure easy-to-use bayonet mount
- Twist-up rubber eyecup for a customized view with/without eye/sunglasses
- Sealed barrel is purged with dry nitrogen for reliable waterproof/fogproof operation in any climate