The Gitzo GH2781TQR Series 2 Traveler Center Ball Head w/ Quick Release is a compact tripod head, only 4.49" (11.4 cm) tall, and weighs 14.4 oz (408.2 g), making it the ideal support for photographers on the go. Gitzo's exclusive "Bubble Ball" is responsible for the head's extremely low weight and guarantees extremely smooth head movements. The head also features Gitzo's Spring Assisted Double Lock (SADL) which utilizes two locking systems to keep the ball in the position you require without slippage.
The Traveler Center Ball Head is equipped with a quick release system which makes removal or attachment of your equipment to the ball head fast and easy. In addition to a bubble level on the ball stem, the GH2781TQR has three independent built-in bubble levels on the quick release which allow precision positioning of your camera or spotting scope. This is particularly useful when capturing architectural detail, landscapes and horizons.
- Safe Grip
- Safe Grip is a material that gives a safer lock between your camera and the head plate, preventing the camera from moving or slipping. It is used on quick release plates and in applications where the camera equipment is screwed to the support to reduce pivoting and twisting.
- Double Quick Release Safety System
- The system consists of two pins, one fixed and one manually operated by means of a button, that prevent camera equipment from suddenly dropping out of the head when the quick release locking knob is released. Extremely useful with heavy equipment, long lenses and spotting scopes.
- Leveling Bubbles
- The new leveling system made of three independent leveling bubbles on the quick release plate and one in the ball stem, always guarantee perfectly leveled images. The problem that affects many high quality heads in the market regarding drift angle is absolutely minimized with an outstanding value of 0.03°.
- Bubble Ball
- Gitzo has developed an exclusive technology that enables the production of high quality, completely round hollow spheres, with an ultra thin wall, for an incredible weight reduction. The Gitzo "Bubble Ball" also features a perfected PTFE treatment that further reduces the surface micro roughness for the ultimate shooting experience and accuracy.