Zacuto's Z-Finder Jr. optical viewfinder is a cost-effective tool for achieving sharp, stable video on DSLR cameras like the Canon 5D Mark II, 7D, Nikon D90, D300s and others. Whether shooting handheld or on a tripod, the Z-Finder Jr. turns your camera's 3" LCD screen into a clear, easy-to-focus viewfinder that lets you see your image in magnified detail even under the brightest sunlight. Just as crucially, the Z-Finder Jr. provides an extra degree of handling comfort and a crucial point of contact--between camera and eye--that adds stability to any handheld video.
The Z-Finder Jr. has a 2.5x magnification, which enlarges the LCD image so you can see every detail for pinpoint focus. Meanwhile, its -4.75 focal point can be adjusted to your eyesight by using the included extender frames. The 40mm-diameter optical design also incorporates an anti-fog disc to better enable its use in fluctuating environmental conditions.
The Z-Finder Jr. mounts to your camera via a supplied adhesive mounting frame that attaches to your camera's 3.0" LCD screen. This attachment method does not require the use of an additional base plate, and permits easy installation and removal of the finder from the camera. Once detached, the unit can hang conveniently around your neck using the included lanyard.
For use with taller-bodied cameras such as the Canon 1D Mark IV and Nikon D3S, optional Gorilla Plate and Z-MFT mounting frame are required.
- 2.5x magnification
- 40mm diameter lens for excellent light throughput
- Allows DSLR cameras to have correct form factor for video
- Field of view perfectly matches 3" LCD screen size
- -4.75 focal point is adjustable by stacking extender frames
- The Z-finder is a magnifier and as such will magnify the sun and could damage the LCD screen if the sun is allowed to shine directly through the Z-finder lens. This is not a defect but a physical property. Caution should be taken to avoid sun magnification.