EchoBoy from SoundToys is a Native plug-in that provides vintage based delay and echo. It is available in Audio Units, RTAS and VST plug-in formats (all provided on the installer). The plug-in is very easy to use, but still provides multiple options for tailoring its performance.
Classic delay sources were modeled and presented in 30 styles. Sources include, amongst others, an ATR-102 half-inch two-track machine along with an EchoPlex, Space Echo, Memory Man, DM-2 and the TelRay oilcan delay. EchoBoy's chorus even emulates the Boss CE-2 chorus, considered by many to be the holy-grail of guitar chorus pedals.
Echo rhythms can be fine-tuned using the "groove", "accent" and "feel" controls. Delay times are easily input and the plug-in can lock to the project's global tempo. Dual Echo or Ping-Pong modes are available, along with EQ, tape wobble and even reverb-style diffusion control.
Note! An iLok is required if one is not already present on the system.
- Echo/delay plug-in with 30 built-in echo styles based on vintage delay modules
- Locks to project's tempo
- No math needed to figure out delay times - just dial in a musical note value and lock it to your song's tempo with the flip of a switch
- Includes stereo echo effects
- 3-band parametric EQ with separate control over echo decay and tone
- Analog saturation, tape wobble and reverb-style diffusion control