The 4TB UltraMax Plus External Hard Drive from Iomega is a high-capacity external hard drive array. It features two hard disk drives, striped together in a hardware RAID 0 configuration for maximum performance.
The drive can be connected to a computer via eSATA, FireWire, or USB 2.0. It comes preformatted for Macintosh computers, but can easily be formatted for use with Windows. It is an excellent solution for digital imaging, data backup, or general storage applications.
- RAID 0 mode writes data to both physical disks simultaneously, giving you maximum storage capacity and performance.
- RAID 1 mode mirrors data to each physical disk, giving you a fully-redundant real-time backup
- JBOD mode treats each physical disk as a drive, allowing you to access them independently
- The 3-port USB adds ports to your computer when the drive is connected via USB
- Three FireWire ports provide extended connection capabilities
- eSATA provides transfer rates of up to 3Gbps
- High capacity storage for tons of photos, music files and videos
- The EMC Retrospect Express software is a robust backup software suite
- MozyHome Online backup software is included for off-site storage
- HFS+ formatted for use in Mac OS X, the drive can be reformatted for use in Windows