House in a rugged metal unit, the Prosafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall Router from Netgear is an excellent network solution for securely providing wired Internet access within a LAN, between remote LANs, and to remote clients. The router features one WAN Ethernet 10/100/1000 port for establishing a wired connection to your DSL or cable modem. It also features a total of eight LAN Ethernet 10/100/1000 ports for establishing high-speed wired connections to servers, Wireless-N access points, desktop PCs, and anything else that's Ethernet-enabled on your LAN network. For establishing connections that aren't within your LAN, this router supports up to 5 simultaneous IPsec VPN tunnels as well as multiple VPN pass-through. You can setup secure IPsec site-to-site tunnels for connecting from one LAN over the Internet to another LAN in a completely different location (you'll need a VPN Firewall Router connected to both networks to do so). You can also allow remote users to securely connect to your network (remote users will need to use VPN client software, such as the included trial version of ProSafe VPN Client Professional).
In terms of security, you can customize the firewall rules on your network. In particular, the router utilizes an SPI Firewall, DoS attack protection, a configurable DMZ port, email reporting, IKE authentication, and SYSLOG. In addition, it can integrate with network monitoring tools via SNMP. Beyond security, the router is easy to setup and can be quickly configured to suit your networking needs.
- Supports up to 5 simultaneous IPsec VPN tunnels
- Provides both secure IPsec site-to-site tunnels and IPsec secure access for remote clients
- Provides protection against hackers via an SPI firewall, DoS attack protection, configurable hardware DMZ port, and multiple VPN pass-through
- Features SYSLOG, email reporting, and integrates with network monitoring tools via SNMP
- IKE authentication provides peace of mind against unauthorized VPN network access and supports industry-strength encryption algorithms to ensure protection and privacy of your sensitive data
- Dedicated DMZ enables you to separate guest traffic from production data
Easy to Use
- Auto Detect connects to your ISP quickly
- the user-friendly Web-based ProSafe Control Center configuration screen and install assistant reduce setup time
- The IPsec VPN wizard automates IPsec VPN configuration and secure remote makes it simple to connect to multiple sites
- Support for DHCP (client and server) as well as PPPoE allows for easy, widespread deployment
- This well-built firewall has an integrated 8-port 10/100/1000 Mbps switch and is compatible with Windows, UNIX, Macintosh, and Linux OS
- Auto Uplink on the all ports eliminates the need for crossover cables
- The rugged metal unit houses advanced, high-quality electronics, and is backed by a lifetime warranty